Sales Lead Issues

packageguy

What a waste of my time. I have turned in 6 in the past year. Followed the progress on upsers.com. All of them keep getting re-assigned to different people. 3 of them atleast 5 different times. Some of them have a scheduled meeting 3-4 weeks away. Are the sales reps overworked? Sure seems like it.

Yes I brought that to the dm, he said he would look into it. It's been about 2 weeks still no answer.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A customer approached me 2 weeks ago to start her as a shipping customer so I put in a sales lead and just the other day she said she had to go to the post office to ship because no one from UPS called her! :sad-little:

Yep but it's all our fault we don't get enough leads.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I put in a lead and I gained 50 air per day on pick up, and 50 on deliery. I got 100 extra pkgs a day, and the corporate gal got the money. I get to work more and she got money. I got money too, extra ot. Wont do it again, I got screwed outta my lead, and my center manager agreed and fought it, to no avail,. Let the sales people go work their tails off, Im all done. They asked for help today, as fed ex is out in full force, trying to gain our base. They need to work too, I wouldnt want to steal their work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It does not matter what you do, they will screw you out of any points you earn anyway. Why waste your time!!

This is the bottom line. Ever since last year when the sales lead incentive program cut back almost entirely, it is obvious that UPS will do anything to cash in on a lead and leave the employee out. I've had it happen personally with leads. Even a manger from bd admitted to me it was "not a perfect system", and anyone with experience knows what this really means..

Yes I've had a few leads that are now daily pick ups. Never got one point or a cent for any of it all came back negative. Then 2 weeks later had a daily pick up.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I like the leads that come back unable to contact. That same customer seems to be there every day when I deliver. If this company really wanted more volume they would have boots on the ground looking for it.