Sales Lead Money

UPS WORKHORSE

I was told by management that they think one of my sales leads sold, so I logged onto UPSERS.com to check it out. I saw that it said "Incorrect funnel entry." Any idea on what that means?

Also, I saw for different sales lead I submitted a couple of years ago said,
Final award issued on 03/2013
Lead Sold on 11/2012 - Additional Volume

I haven't seen any money from this. I didn't even know it sold until I stumbled upon the sales lead link on UPSERS.com. Do any of you know how they pay this to us? Do they put it on a paycheck or something? Hopefully I can get that money from over a year ago. Lol.

upschuck

It is loaded onto a limited use discover card. Call the 800# on UPSers to get a replacement card. I think you need $10 on card to be sent one. Every time a lead goes final, you should have gotten an extra paystub for the taxes taken.

iowa boy

What's a sales lead? In all my years with the company, I have never once been told that I need to submit a sales lead.

Disclaimer:

I know what a sales lead is, I just don't have the ambition to want to go after more volume when we can't handle what we have now.

jaker

trolling
Sales leads work like this you get a company to ship with us and the sales rep goes out there and sets them up and take credit for your lead

Hence why you never got anything for it

jerseyupser

What's a sales lead? In all my years with the company, I have never once been told that I need to submit a sales lead.

Disclaimer:

I know what a sales lead is, I just don't have the ambition to want to go after more volume when we can't handle what we have now.

The idea is more work should open more routes but I don't know how true that is. Or just pile more work onto your route.

Sent using BrownCafe App

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
every so often Sales lead become the Flavor of the Month and we are required to turn in at least two a week. I always list Mcdonalds,Wendys and the Pizza Joints on my sales leads

oldngray

nowhere special
I remember when they wanted 2 SOLD sales leads each week. Not just sales leads but ones actually sold. As if a driver had any control over that.

Foamer Pyle

Disclaimer:

[/quote]
Yea, what he said.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We freak out when management does hourly work so in order to be consistent as an hourly I refuse to do management's work.

This is the lamest thing I have read in quite some time.

My center has 30 drivers on road per day. Let's say each averages 50 business stops per day. That is roughly 1,500 opportunities to secure new volume. We have 2 on-cars and 1 center manager. Each would have to make 500 phone calls to try to secure new volume.

It is not hard to submit a good sales lead. Yes, it is tougher with a saturated market and strong competition, but it can still be done.

Resident know-it-all.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We can't handle the volume now....businesses must literally be laughing when they order 100 boxes of crap....75 get delivered by one driver.and 4 hours later...a different driver delivers the rest. Or 65 come one day and the rest the next day because 35 were left in building....lol.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Maybe I should clarify things for you. I have been on my route for almost 20 years. I know my customers inside and out. Whenever I get a new customer I introduce myself and let them know I am at their service and if there anything I can do for them. I pay attention to changes and whether they are shipping with the competition. If they are amenable to using UPS for their shipping needs I will not only submit a sales lead but will also bother business development to follow up. However, to submit a sales lead for the sake of yet another ridiculous metric to make supervision look good not only wastes my time but also the customers time.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
This is the lamest thing I have read in quite some time.

My center has 30 drivers on road per day. Let's say each averages 50 business stops per day. That is roughly 1,500 opportunities to secure new volume. We have 2 on-cars and 1 center manager. Each would have to make 500 phone calls to try to secure new volume.

It is not hard to submit a good sales lead. Yes, it is tougher with a saturated market and strong competition, but it can still be done.

Resident know-it-all.
Yeah okay....wouldn't sales leads affect you getting home in time for the 5pm news? Sorry.....no driver in my building is back before 6pm at the earliest everyday....let alone home by 5.