Sales lead sold last year, telesales closed it but im still doing pickups for it

i sold a lead for a doctors office that ships out 2-3 nd ams every day, this was sold in october of 07,because thats when i started doing the pickups, but when i looked on upsers.com it says the lead sold in 4-08 and needs to be reopened because telesales closed it out, ive been getting 10 nd ams a week for this sales lead and all i get is a $10 amex?? it also says reward pending after volume check 7/09/08 there are never any sales people to talk to at the station and my supervisors and center manager says talk to him, talk to this guy or that guy... what can i do??

paidslave

i sold a lead for a doctors office that ships out 2-3 nd ams every day, this was sold in october of 07,because thats when i started doing the pickups, but when i looked on upsers.com it says the lead sold in 4-08 and needs to be reopened because telesales closed it out, ive been getting 10 nd ams a week for this sales lead and all i get is a $10 amex?? it also says reward pending after volume check 7/09/08 there are never any sales people to talk to at the station and my supervisors and center manager says talk to him, talk to this guy or that guy... what can i do??

Sounds like you have been shammed by friend! Get some more sales leads to make up the difference!

brown bomber

brown bomber
I agree..my last few leads, were never acknowledged or the credit was given to another driver who turned in the same lead several weeks after the initial lead I had submitted...I give up

it says award pending after volume check, and telesales closed it, but it also says on there to resell it as a new lead as of april, im saying how long does it usually take to get the money as they say pending reward as of 7/09

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They moved the sales lead section to the Our Company link. Click on that, click on Growth, then click on View Sales Leads. You can also check the progress of each lead by clicking on the blue 6 digit number associated with the lead.

Be persistent with your BD people. Ask them to backdate the lead to cover all of the new volume that you achieved. If you don't get any satisfaction with them ask for the national BD number. It is your money so put in the effort to get it as $1,000 is a lot better than $10.

They moved the sales lead section to the Our Company link. Click on that, click on Growth, then click on View Sales Leads. You can also check the progress of each lead by clicking on the blue 6 digit number associated with the lead.

Be persistent with your BD people. Ask them to backdate the lead to cover all of the new volume that you achieved. If you don't get any satisfaction with them ask for the national BD number. It is your money so put in the effort to get it as $1,000 is a lot better than $10.
Exactly, it's your money. So why should he/she have to fight to get it? This should NOT be a problem for the person submitting a productive lead.

dirty moose

thank you very much!

BrownSuit

Kool Brown - I sent you a PM.

For all others, if you have a situation where a lead wasn't credited correctly and needs to be backdated once it's sold, your District Take Charge Coordinator can take care of that for you.

If you are having problems with a lead and feel that it is not being followed properly, look at the name on the lead and ask your supervisor (or OMS if the sup won't do it) to e-mail the BD person and ask what's going on with the lead.

That should get a response rather quickly. There should be somebody from BD in your center at least once a week, usually during the morning PCM's asking for leads.

When submitting a lead be sure to include comments as to why the lead is being sent to BD. There are 1,000 characters that you can enter there. Even if somebody from BD goes there in person, it may not be during the pickups when you around and may not see the FedEx or DHL driver or packages when they come through.

Be specific, include details. Because you see the customer everyday, you will spend more time in a month with the customer than somebody from BD, be sure to give information. The average driver has between 1.5-3 minutes with a customer. Multiple that by 21 days. This isn't a slam on BD, it just isn't possible for them to spend that much time with every customer.

Let the BD person know exactly why you are submitting the lead and what your expectations are.

Here are some examples:
"Customer ships once a week with DHL, please talk with them and mark lead as sold"
"Customer ships heavier packages and may benefit from Hundred Weight"
"Guys on dock are annoyed when I have a heavy stop, may help to know what packages I'm delivering before I get there"
"Saw competitor boxes on dock when I came to pickup, not the first time, please work with customer to make sure UPS is getting all the volume"
"Customer had XYZ Freight Trucks backed up to Dock, work with customer on UPS Freight"
"Customer is using Pickup Book and always has problems, please talk with them about printing out labels or thermal printer"

i talked to the sales guy in charge of the lead, i showed him that they were using the wrong shipper number then what the lead was shipping with, he said he was going to see if they could backtrack it

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
it says award pending after volume check, and telesales closed it, but it also says on there to resell it as a new lead as of april, im saying how long does it usually take to get the money as they say pending reward as of 7/09
Would normally update the next month.Not unusual to take 2 months to receive.I would take the lead control # to you mgr and ask him to look into what the deal is with it.He or she should be able to contact someone to get you more info.

BrownSuit

i talked to the sales guy in charge of the lead, i showed him that they were using the wrong shipper number then what the lead was shipping with, he said he was going to see if they could backtrack it

I replied to your PM. This is not that uncommon with millions of shipper numbers out there and some companies have multiple ones. If this happens to anybody, just contact your District Take Charge Coordinator. If you don't know who that is, ask your OMS or OCS. They should be able to tell you.

Also, if you talk to the BD person, put it on them and follow-up with them to make sure that it gets taken care of.

i just checked upsers and it now says sales lead closed, not valid, using 3rd party account, and also says final award issued yesterday, i check my amex and its still $10