Sales leads stolen???

Steamer

I have submitted several sales leads and all say closed no opportunity. Then today I find out that my lead from last week was agreed to by the customer after asking the customer today. And it's now a scheduled pick up. Does this sound right? It says closed no opportunity as well. WTH?

wilberforce15

I have submitted several sales leads and all say closed no opportunity. Then today I find out that my lead from last week was agreed to by the customer after asking the customer today. And it's now a scheduled pick up. Does this sound right? It says closed no opportunity as well. WTH?
People submit sales leads?

Overpaid Union Thug

Sounds about right. They either make no attempt at all and put some BS reason in the system. Or put the same BS reason in the system and get credit for the lead as if they found it. Both reasons are why I will never submit a lead ever again. Not in that manner anyway.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is exactly why no one I know will submit a lead. Seen it happen a ton.

Over70irregs

Stopped doing sales leads. Sales A-holes would steal them and not follow up on others. Some people get credit but a chunk are slow rolled. Never do leads again. A-hole/thieves.....

evilleace

Don't bother with it anymore myself after a large account I turned in started shipping with us and I got no credit, and when I told a sales rep to their face about another and the response was "is it even big enough for me to go by?" They also ship with us now although only 5-10 pkgs a day and no credit for that one either.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I have a small law office on route that tells me they get cold called a few times a year from ups, trying to get them to set up a pickup account. They told me the callers usually have an indian accent

Steamer

Sounds about right. They either make no attempt at all and put some BS reason in the system. Or put the same BS reason in the system and get credit for the lead as if they found it. Both reasons are why I will never submit a lead ever again. Not in that manner anyway.
Thanks. That's what I figured. That's probably the reason why our center doesn't even push them. I was just helping a customer out.

myback

If the sales reps can’t be hassled by calling the the sales leads that I turn in then I won’t bother them with any more.