Sales leads warning letters

I'm recently retired but heard from a current driver this morning that the Missouri district will start handing out warning letters for not turning in sales leads!:biting:
Where is that covered in the contract?
It was only a matter of time.
Good luck to all of you!

No accidents.
No injuries.
Do the best you can with what they give you to work with.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm recently retired but heard from a current driver this morning that the Missouri district will start handing out warning letters for not turning in sales leads!:biting:
Good luck to all of you!

No accidents.
No injuries.

Haven't heard that in my area yet but I predicted that it will start soon. I don't do them because our sales team is terrible (for lack of a better word) and I rarely see any opportunity for leads anyway. If they want leads that bad I guess we can just make them up and waste our sales rep's time?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Haven't heard that in my area yet but I predicted that it will start soon. I don't do them because our sales team is terrible (for lack of a better word) and I rarely see any opportunity for leads anyway. If they want leads that bad I guess we can just make them up and waste our sales rep's time?

That is exactly what will happen--quantity over quality--which will be a waste of time for all involved. This plan has backfire written all over it.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
might i make a sales lead suggestion for you.

today, suggest following fedex truck 58392 around for the day
tomorrow, suggest following fedex tuck 58393

catch my drift?

as usual, if the poster is not exagerating, it shows how miserable management has become.

d

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Don't believe everything you hear. I have not been instructed to discipline anyone for failing to get sales leads. Having said that, I feel that a compelling case can be made for looking out for sales leads daily.

Channahon

I would imagine there is no way a Division or Labor Manager would sign their name to a warning letter regarding sales leads. The Business Manager might think he can motivate his employees to provide a sales lead, however, this is not the approach to use. The approach I would use, is the ugly economy over the years, and every package we can win over the competition will help prevent layoffs. As challenging as it may be to find new packages, the more in the UPS system, the more teamsters stay on the payroll.

Just_another_day_at_work

No warning letters for no sales leads(here), but they will bug you until you turn in one. :) 1 sold lead that produce at least 1 package then you done for the year. That was our pcm. I guess it's another report that it has to show that every driver turned in sales?! If UPS would bring back the old system on getting $$$ for sales leads, I am pretty sure more driver would turn in one. However sales leads are important for everybody who works for the company, but I doubt that the pushing for production will ever work. It's like getting a sales lead just to get management off my back?!

iowa boy

Good luck to all of you!

No accidents.
No injuries.

Missouri District is so bad they will give you a warning letter for farting wrong in the car. Missouri has gone absolutely ballistic with regards to any sort of dicipline. Working in this district, it is entirely possible.

over9five

Staff member
Our center manager is threatening warning letters here too.

I hope you guys have someone there that will push the issue. I would be that guy here. I have no problem with submitting a sales lead when the opportunity presents itself. But if I hear one warning letter threat, I will make it my mission in life to convince everyone to stop submitting them.

ikoi62

might i make a sales lead suggestion for you.

today, suggest following fedex truck 58392 around for the day
tomorrow, suggest following fedex tuck 58393

catch my drift?

as usual, if the poster is not exagerating, it shows how miserable management has become.

d
i had to laugh at that one... :)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A bit of "group action" could nip this crap in the bud and send a clear message to the idiot in charge.

You want sales leads? We will give 'em to you. By the hundreds, or even thousands.

If every driver in the center turned in 30 or 40 "leads" that were nothing more than random, bogus residential addresses with fake phone #'s....they would not only be in full compliance with the mandate, but they would be forcing the idiot who came up with the bright idea of warning letters to waste many hours wading through all them.

In the past, we were threatened with "discipline" if we did not turn in at least one "producing" sales lead per month, "warning letter" was never mentioned. For three months in a row, on the last week of the month I was reminded that I had not turned in a producing lead. Every time they reminded me, I told them to save some time and discipline ne NOW, because nothing is gonna change by Monday, I didn't ever hear anything else for three weeks on the discipline.
Back when we were allowed to code out time for business development I turned in many solid leads, once they removed the allowance I stopped turning them in. If they are going to ride me like a donkey over over allowed, they are going to give me time to do the job they want me to do. The really said part about when I was turning in leads was that, maybe, 10% of them were ever followed up by the sales team. That's quite an incentive.

bigblu 2 you

Good luck to all of you!

No accidents.
No injuries.
is anyone else tired of every pcm or request being followed by a threat? where i am at we are a small rural center and we average 2 threats a week.i hope the employees of this role model company are taking notes on the treatment and procedures of their management teams and factor it all in come next contract.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My center manager told us in a PCM recently that he wanted 100% participation with everybody turning in a sales lead. He also suggested that everybody could just open an account themselves and just ship one box to make this goal. This seems bogus to me. I'm all for growing the business, I just wish there was more oppurtunities for a residential driver like myself to find new business. All routes are not the same, so neither will be the results. I have never known anybody to get a warning letter for not turning one in.

barnyard

KTM rider
We were told that everyone HAD to turn in a lead for January. I took the addresses off the FedEx RS labels that I saw during my deliveries and turned them in.

Jim Kemp

Last year we were pressed hard to get sales leads. So I turned in all kinds of junk. I turned in schools, mom and pop stores, resturants dog breeders circle k and any thing I could find an address for. The guy from the sales team came to me and told me to stop because I was waisting his time.