Sales leads?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
So I'm fully aware of peoples different opinions on sales leads, if you get them great if not, thats your prerogative. Any how around last June I thought to myself that all these packages that we see on peoples porch's, could be a potential sales lead gold mine. So I started writing down the shippers info for any that I saw with all the needed info. Well low and behold I have gotten two sold leads, one out of Arizona, and the other out of Colorado. Now considering that I submit a lot two ain't a whole lot but considering the fact that I have no idea who these people are I think that its not to bad.

So my question then is if anyone else has had success doing this, or if there are other methods that you deploy?

browndevil

So I'm fully aware of peoples different opinions on sales leads, if you get them great if not, thats your prerogative. Any how around last June I thought to myself that all these packages that we see on peoples porch's, could be a potential sales lead gold mine. So I started writing down the shippers info for any that I saw with all the needed info. Well low and behold I have gotten two sold leads, one out of Arizona, and the other out of Colorado. Now considering that I submit a lot two ain't a whole lot but considering the fact that I have no idea who these people are I think that its not to bad.

So my question then is if anyone else has had success doing this, or if there are other methods that you deploy?
I am a residential driver, so my only way of getting leads was to do same thing you did. Until my management team told me these weren't good leads so I stopped. I am glad you have had success in getting sold leads. My mgmt team couldn't see any potential

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I am a residential driver, so my only way of getting leads was to do same thing you did. Until my management team told me these weren't good leads so I stopped. I am glad you have had success in getting sold leads. My mgmt team couldn't see any potential
My route too is about 90% residential and the business that I do have, all but 2 ship UPS already. So I was in the same boat your in, my hope is that with DIAD V's camera we will be able to have an option in the camera Field for sales lead, thus a sales lead would be as easy as "say cheese". If some one in upper management hasn't thought of this I would be pretty disappointed, but not surprised.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Well with browndevil's Northern Ca. and kman's southern Ca. and I'm in the Bay area, Id say we have California covered.

worldwide

Get shipping info off dropoffs at UPS Stores. I've sold a couple leads using this method.

K

Why would you do that? UPS is already getting the packages through The UPS Store. How is that good for business? You take business away from The UPS Store and UPS gets the package from the customer at a lower revenue level. Not a great business decision you are making...

BROWN430

I did the same thing and was told these are not good leads. Why not? If you can get all the info. needed why are they not good? I have sold 2 doing that. Almost all of my business stops in my industrial park are ups pickups so I'm kind of out of leads. I already pick up any where from 500 to 700 pieces a day. One shipper is a shoe company that ships at least 400 a day. You just have to keep plugging away. It's not my fault these sales guys get overwelmed. WE have to keep growing the business and getting these leads to keep our jobs. A FULL TRUCK IS A HAPPY TRUCK. IT'S always funny when I get back to the building the night sort asks how much I have. They complane that I have to much, but boys take it when you can. If it stops you will be out on the street.

hudson

My route too is about 90% residential and the business that I do have, all but 2 ship UPS already. So I was in the same boat your in, my hope is that with DIAD V's camera we will be able to have an option in the camera Field for sales lead, thus a sales lead would be as easy as "say cheese". If some one in upper management hasn't thought of this I would be pretty disappointed, but not surprised.

Get ready to "say cheese" on every residential delivery. I have heard rumors that drivers are going to have to take a picture of every residential package they driver release...

hudson

Pretzelman already confirmed that the camera would not be activated on Diad V. You heard wrong.

Why have the camera built into the board if its not going to be activated? Seems like a waste of money to me...It not like UPS is buying these new DIAD boards of the shelf at Walmart...They are special made for UPS only...

pretzel_man

Why have the camera built into the board if its not going to be activated? Seems like a waste of money to me...

Because it comes built in.

If UPS ever decides that there is a business reason to turn it on, they will. For now, it lies dormant.

P-Man

hudson

Because it comes built in.

If UPS ever decides that there is a business reason to turn it on, they will. For now, it lies dormant.

P-Man
The business reason rumored to be is for yet another reason to deny a claim on any driver release package...Again just a rumor.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
The business reason rumored to be is for yet another reason to deny a claim on any driver release package...Again just a rumor.
It would be more cost effective to pay a claim than to make drivers take pictures and further decrease our margin of profit per piece.....IMHO

bbsam

Staff member
The camera is probably incorporated into the scanner. That is to say that scanning the barcode also takes the picture. I am told that that is what the Fedex scanners do. Not sure what they do with the photos though. Help in claims maybe?

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
The camera is probably incorporated into the scanner. That is to say that scanning the barcode also takes the picture. I am told that that is what the Fedex scanners do. Not sure what they do with the photos though. Help in claims maybe?
Wouldn't that be what GPS could be used for already?