Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Worth double points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FDX?

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

Limper

Out For Delivery
Team, we got code orange on our screen. The time for you to enter leads is now.
The TNT buy is nothing like you seen before. Pls help your brown family so we stay happy and have fun!

And on a separate note I don't want to tell my trophy wife about me changing the BMW for a ford cause my guys are useless without you. Drivers rock. Drivers who help me are rockers. Yeah!

Sales guy, the reason you post here is because our
management team couldn't give a rip about leads.

I used to get a time allowance for talking to new business.......eliminated.
I used to earn points on a cash card.......eliminated.
(now gift catalog)

Safety and production are everything now.

Sales leads aren't even on the radar.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

(now gift catalog)

Wut?!?!?!?

T

Turdferguson

Yeah if that is the real world than it's sad. Growing the business should never be a sad thing but an opportunity for all of us. Why not ask for a business card and give it to your sup with your name written on the back?
And what do you think that "sup" is going to do with that awesome business card sales lead? Enter it in as a lead or toss it in garbage? My vote is for the latter. Because as overworked as the drivers are trying to reach unrealistic production numbers, the supervisors are overworked with paperwork , and unrealistic dispatch and production numbers.
Go peddle your Rah Rah crap somewhere else chicken legs .

(now gift catalog)

Thy used to give you an insensitive to find sale leads
Why bother? Like I need one more stop on my route.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Only a mental midget would expect sales leads to turn this company around, in terms of what this company has become. If every employee added one sales lead that became a new customer, we would probably lose as many because of how this place is run from the top down. I've been in management for 27 years and I've seen a lot. All those sales leads would only give Abney and his bunch another reason to give themselves more as they take away from mid managers like me and Supervisors. Got any better ideas???

Box Ox

Routes at my center have been cut by about 15-20% daily and everyone from the loaders who are getting slammed to drivers trying to make their pickups are too busy trying to dig themselves out of the hole the company is putting us in. GTFO with that sales lead stuff when we're all just trying to tread water.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And what do you think that "sup" is going to do with that awesome business card sales lead? Enter it in as a lead or toss it in garbage? My vote is for the latter. Because as overworked as the drivers are trying to reach unrealistic production numbers, the supervisors are overworked with paperwork , and unrealistic dispatch and production numbers.
Go peddle your Rah Rah crap somewhere else chicken legs .

OMS clerks enter our sales leads in to SLIM.

I enter mine through the DIAD.

Wizzy

The TNT buy is nothing like you seen before. Pls help your brown family so we stay happy and have fun!

And on a separate note I don't want to tell my trophy wife about me changing the BMW for a ford cause my guys are useless without you. Drivers rock. Drivers who help me are rockers. Yeah!

Wizzy

If you could ask Orien to get me a major international shipper before noon I'll send you a lead

oldngray

nowhere special
Maybe sales reps could spend more time taking care of the customers UPS already has instead of expecting other people to generate sales leads for them.

wornoutupser

I have to agree that sales leads are a problem.
Why turn in one since we are forced to work so late as it is in order for upper management to make bonus?
I just got off after 9 again tonight and this is the norm.
This is just as silly as "commit times" for pickups. My customers don't give a flip about the commit time...they all want the latest possible time to get their shipments out. The current system penalizes the customer and takes away the ability of a seasoned driver to make informed decisions about changing a route to accomodate the need...and we don't even have ORION yet!

clarnzz

A lot of the crap posted in this thread is greatly exaggerated. If my management team asked me why I was +80 yesterday and I told them it was because I spent 20 minutes on a sales lead I would hardly expect anything other than a thank you.

On the other side, the Leads program is a complete failure. Drivers dont want another pickup unless it's 70 envelopes a day that hasn't been credited as a 2 piece, 1 minute pickup. The Ivory Tower has created this enviroment, not the local bunch. We don't buy the gloom and doom scenario you are presented with every single day, and realize they just going to try to squeeze every last bit of blood out of that turnip.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Strange, isn't it? When UPS tried to by TNT, the regulators shut us down.

So why let FedEx buy them?