Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Worth double points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FDX?

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Why does anyone want to use UPS anymore?

With ORION, businesses are being delivered at 4:30 PM.

Businesses are being delivered at all different times throughout the week.

A business has no idea what time their deliveries will be coming on a daily basis.

UPS only cares about the almighty dollar anymore at the expense of its employees and customers.

If they continue with ORION instead of letting the drivers do their jobs, they won't have any customers left to tick off.

oldngray

nowhere special
wut-pl.jpg

Salesguy

Sales Member
It's almost as scary as when DHL bought Airborne Express! Imagine where we'd be had that not worked out.

How about this, I'll work on getting you sales leads when you talk to IE about getting me more realistic numbers. Because I can't handle extra volume right now due to absurd expectations set by some guy in an office 500 miles away from my center.

Or you could always not steal the leads I send you. Submitted one a couple months ago for my parents work. I used to work there and they were getting annoyed by FedEx ground and express being split. Sales person closed it saying it was a bad lead. Amazingly though I was having Easter dinner on Sunday only to learn they now ship UPS. What a strange turn of events..

I go for option number one, I talk to IE and get taught in ORION. some salespeople are like fruit, overall they have some degree of limitation as a lot disfunction. This is a natural incorrect and egocentric brainwave. Nevertheless this feeds arrogance
Which makes it possible to go in and talk to the big bosses and take the volume away from our competitors. A lead can come from multiple areas and has a chance on overlap and with no communication about your lead we as a company end up with a demotivated driver on Easter. I appologize for that. If you would ever have the opportunity to try again please promise me you ask your sup for fb from sales. Ask him for the name and ask for a weekly update. I understand that you have no second to loose so if you did find a way to enter a lead it should be dealt with respect. You deserve no less. Please try to be better than others by setting the example. You can my example today.

Salesguy

Sales Member
Thanks man. I really do appreciate that.

Unfortunately I do not believe I could make it very far in this company with the way I do things. I do it all by the book, but my methods are not UPS in the way I treat people. I believe in a culture of teamwork, not us vs them. I genuinely care about my employees, I don't look at them like pawns.

The more I do this job though the more I want to go higher to see if I could positively influence things.

Yeah I agree but that is precrisis thinking.
Things changed as never seen before and all companies had to make a lot of wierd changes to adapt and we enjoy these new methods still today. Thanks to the new euro crisis tnt is a lot cheaper for FDX now as it was for UPS. We need to act now. Try to adapt and find your way in it and you will see the gaps where you can still make a difference. A new future is in your hands.

clean hairy

The folks who drive the brown trucks are hired for what purpose?
To deliver packages!
Now, Salesguy, show us someting that states the delivery driver is also a UPS sales rep.
Go ahead, make my day!
Show us where in the Drivers job description a Driver is also a Sales Rep!
Instead of being a cheerleader trying to get us to do your job, get away from the computer, go out and do your own job and get your own sales leads!

clarnzz

20 minutes?

Is possible, "Who makes your decisions on shipping", "I'm not sure, let me find out" *5 minutes pass* "It's Mr. Pink, would you like to talk to him?", "Yes, please". Mr Pink then tells you he is not interested in changing their shipping preferences, and you convince Mr. Pink, it's at least worth hearing what we can offer and get his info. 20 minutes was way high end, and the most inconvenient of a sales lead, but it's not like my management team would berate me if I went to such efforts to get one because it jacked with my production figures that day.

Last edited: