• Great and just eh great

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Worth double points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FDX?

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is possible, "Who makes your decisions on shipping", "I'm not sure, let me find out" *5 minutes pass* "It's Mr. Pink, would you like to talk to him?", "Yes, please". Mr Pink then tells you he is not interested in changing their shipping preferences, and you convince Mr. Pink, it's at least worth hearing what we can offer and get his info. 20 minutes was way high end, and the most inconvenient of a sales lead, but it's not like my management team would berate me if I went to such efforts to get one because it jacked with my production figures that day.

My center manager would freak out if any of us spent 20 minutes gathering information for a sales lead.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My center manager would freak out if any of us spent 20 minutes gathering information for a sales lead.

Funny, how times change.

Back in the 90's.... drivers were given 20 minutes a week (to code out)

on sales leads or just customer retention. It was a sub-screen under "other work".

The company actually encouraged it.

But then again.... account reps, visited customers on a regular basis.

-Bug-

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Sorry, you and your team of superstars will have to put down the sandwiches and take a minute from massaging each other and go drum up some business yourselves. Orion hasn't told me to complete any friend'n sales leads.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Team, we got code orange on our screen. The time for you to enter leads is now.
The TNT buy is nothing like you seen before. Pls help your brown family so we stay happy and have fun!

And on a separate note I don't want to tell my trophy wife about me changing the BMW for a ford cause my guys are useless without you. Drivers rock. Drivers who help me are rockers. Yeah!
You're still here???

Salesguy

Sales Member
You're still here???
Yes alive and kicking and waiting for you input how we can make things better in our family. I hope to learn about Orion soon and maybe one day when Im you re ceo I get the opportunity to change your world of ups and grow the business......or buy a new AUDI for my trophy wife. I hope you understand that with an age difference of ten years this is a very difficult choice.

Salesguy

Sales Member
The folks who drive the brown trucks are hired for what purpose?
To deliver packages!
Now, Salesguy, show us someting that states the delivery driver is also a UPS sales rep.
Go ahead, make my day!
Show us where in the Drivers job description a Driver is also a Sales Rep!
Instead of being a cheerleader trying to get us to do your job, get away from the computer, go out and do your own job and get your own sales leads!

Omg if my customer has a package after you guys left I drive there myself. I care about your job and our customer. Our customers are the ones who pay our salary so besides we need to earn their respect we should try to keep spreading the word of Jim. We are one.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I go for option number one, I talk to IE and get taught in ORION. some salespeople are like fruit, overall they have some degree of limitation as a lot disfunction
I don't give two craps about ORION. I'm a sort supervisor. My numbers there are impossible. Yesterday they didn't give me enough hours to park trucks, never mind getting them washed.
Show us where in the Drivers job description a Driver is also a Sales Rep!
Well to be fair, you drivers are the face of our company. How you handle yourselves may influence whether or not a customer comes to us. Price is the deciding factor. But if it's six of one, half dozen of another they will go with the people they like and trust.
Yes alive and kicking and waiting for you input how we can make things better in our family.
You know how things will get better. If we all do the jobs we were hired for. You go do your job, we'll do ours.
maybe one day when Im you re ceo
If you're ever our CEO I'm jumping ship.
Our customers are the ones who pay our salary
Last time I checked UPS is on my check, not a customer.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Omg if my customer has a package after you guys left I drive there myself. I care about your job and our customer. Our customers are the ones who pay our salary so besides we need to earn their respect we should try to keep spreading the word of Jim. We are one.
You're doing union work too?

Packmule

Yeah if that is the real world than it's sad. Growing the business should never be a sad thing but an opportunity for all of us. Why not ask for a business card and give it to your sup with your name written on the back?
If adding packages meant adding drivers, I'd be a bit more enthusiastic. All I see are more clerks and mini managers standing around with hands in pockets.

Salesguy

Sales Member
I don't give two craps about ORION. I'm a sort supervisor. My numbers there are impossible. Yesterday they didn't give me enough hours to park trucks, never mind getting them washed.

Well to be fair, you drivers are the face of our company. How you handle yourselves may influence whether or not a customer comes to us. Price is the deciding factor. But if it's six of one, half dozen of another they will go with the people they like and trust.

You know how things will get better. If we all do the jobs we were hired for. You go do your job, we'll do ours.

If you're ever our CEO I'm jumping ship.

Last time I checked UPS is on my check, not a customer.

I hope you understand that I will be unable to let my trophy wife read your post. The part about our drivers is excellent in a way that they are our business cards and in front of the customers. They create opportunities of incomparable value. The fact that they are either unwilling to see or made to ignore by.is so sad! Whenever Jim was in a hotel and he always checked his mngnt guys if they would notice the packages waiting at the reception. Jim of all people asked the receptionist for the business where his mngnt guys walked along.

Never walk away from a great opportunity.

Family help each other out.

I would give my life to UPS but I am not asking you to do the same thing. I just ask for a lead once in a while.

box_beeyotch

I hope you understand that I will be unable to let my trophy wife read your post. The part about our drivers is excellent in a way that they are our business cards and in front of the customers. They create opportunities of incomparable value. The fact that they are either unwilling to see or made to ignore by.is so sad! Whenever Jim was in a hotel and he always checked his mngnt guys if they would notice the packages waiting at the reception. Jim of all people asked the receptionist for the business where his mngnt guys walked along.

Never walk away from a great opportunity.

Family help each other out.

I would give my life to UPS but I am not asking you to do the same thing. I just ask for a lead once in a while.

Sorry to say it salesguy, but if you would give your life for UPS, you are a sad individual.