SALT packages leading to termination

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
i remember my first day by myself after 3 days with the ors. they gave me a truck with no keyfob, had to use key for ignition and bulkhead door. rear door wasn't working, even after trying to slide the lock from the inside. i didn't know the town i was working in so was following edd stop for stop. then they pulled all the pickups off my board for the day because i was getting behind. ended up driving miles back and forth between stops because orion was still set for the days dispatch including pickups. when i got back that night my ors told me he was watching me all day on his ipad, stop to stop. an 85 mile route turned into something like 120.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
i remember my first day by myself after 3 days with the ors. they gave me a truck with no keyfob, had to use key for ignition and bulkhead door. rear door wasn't working, even after trying to slide the lock from the inside. i didn't know the town i was working in so was following edd stop for stop. then they pulled all the pickups off my board for the day because i was getting behind. ended up driving miles back and forth between stops because orion was still set for the days dispatch including pickups. when i got back that night my ors told me he was watching me all day on his ipad, stop to stop. an 85 mile route turned into something like 120.
By the same token that ors shouldn't have had any complaints either knowing what was going on with your route.

charm299

Truck has GPS that logs every single path you took throughout the day and saves it. You can go in in the morning and look on your dispatchers screen and see an arrow path that every driver has taken on that route. Its called telematics. They know how fast you are going, how hard you hit the brakes. They know it all. Granted it saves it in the system so they may have to look it up the next day, but rest assured that they can
That’s why you sheet it as no such street so you can say it didn’t show up on your google maps, lol

JJinVA

That’s why you sheet it as no such street so you can say it didn’t show up on your google maps, lol

You could, but if it turns out that your dispatcher has the same phone as you and gps's it and you get busted, you get fired for lying. Remember, lying is the cardinal sin at UPS. Its easier to just deal with it. I always get bummed when I have a misload for a place that is 35 minutes away from me and another hour and 20 minutes back to the center, but Ive just accepted it as more overtime pay when they inevitably ask me to run it. Only once did I report a misload and they said bring it back to sheet it as EC because we got approved for ECs by district.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
By the same token that ors shouldn't have had any complaints either knowing what was going on with your route.
oh he was waiting for me when i got back, he knew when i crossed the property line and stepped off the belt to talk with me. called it a "rough day". he knew damn well what i had to put up with but was still trying to put the blame on me. this is the same guy that on the third day with me told me he thought i was a plant to see how he was doing as an ors (i've been driving box and straight trucks internationally since 94). when i rolled in the very next night he described the difference as miraculous. all i did was ditch edd (that training route was a major highway that edd had me going north stop to stop, both sides of the highway all the way up.) and clear out all the stragglers first so everything left was clustered together. orion is straight up retarded and it should be pretty easy to be better than retarded.

542thruNthru

You could, but if it turns out that your dispatcher has the same phone as you and gps's it and you get busted, you get fired for lying. Remember, lying is the cardinal sin at UPS. Its easier to just deal with it. I always get bummed when I have a misload for a place that is 35 minutes away from me and another hour and 20 minutes back to the center, but Ive just accepted it as more overtime pay when they inevitably ask me to run it. Only once did I report a misload and they said bring it back to sheet it as EC because we got approved for ECs by district.

Your dispatchers and driver's get UPS phones???

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
What was the emergency?

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I've only been away since 2017; I took my road test a week ago and the guy looked at me like I was retarded when I asked how to start the truck LOL. He says you gotta prime the green button for about 90 seconds