Salt Police...

I warned people of this type of government control years ago when they started on tobacco, total control...one step at a time.

bbsam

Staff member
I warned people of this type of government control years ago when they started on tobacco, total control...one step at a time.
Although it's not really "total control" is it? I mean if I wanted to I could go pick up a carton of cigs down the street. In fact in some instances it's even less control (medicinal mary jane).

Although it's not really "total control" is it? I mean if I wanted to I could go pick up a carton of cigs down the street. In fact in some instances it's even less control (medicinal mary jane).
I'm sorry I didn't spell it out. What I meant by total control is, that is the goal not the current situation. My apologies.
How many state allow medicinal mary jane?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm sorry I didn't spell it out. What I meant by total control is, that is the goal not the current situation. My apologies.
How many state allow medicinal mary jane?
Az does now. I learned something last night on the news. In AZ. if you don't live within 25 miles of a dispensary you can grow your own.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Nobody wants to be told, "NO". But, if you wanted to cut salt intake here's a hint.

If you are picking out your Campbells soup, pick the low salt variety. Lean away from prepared foods and make your own...then you control the salt.

Buy butter in the "unsalted" variety. Use fresh ground pepper generously and experiment with the many kinds of peppercorns. Mrs. Dash makes a decent seasoning "salt".

If you buy noodle bowls, the kind where you add boiling water & wait a few mins......eat the noodles and dump the leftover cup of broth.....that'll save tons of salt in your diet.

Most importantly, keep the salt shaker at the range and don't take it to the table. My table has a huge peppermill on it filled with the multi-colored peppercorns from Olde Thompson...love it!

klein

Für Meno :)
I actually buy a saltless seasoning salt, not that I dislike salt, but why pay for 50% salt content or higher, when I get more spices (no salt), for the same price ?
Besides, it's good on beef (I never salten beef, unless it's hamburger, prior to cooking or BBQing).

rod

Retired 22 years
I didn't realize so many states allowed medical marijuana and allowed you to grow your own. WOW! My master plan of my youth in the 60's and 70's is finally coming together.

I didn't realize so many states allowed medical marijuana and allowed you to grow your own. WOW! My master plan of my youth in the 60's and 70's is finally coming together.
That may be because the people passing the laws today were the same ones passing joints then.

bbsam

Staff member
Or maybe pot does have medicinal qualities.

True story. Years and years ago I was at at New Years Eve party and was drinking heavily until about 8pm. Completely drunk, I went to lay down and the room spun horribly as soon as I closed my eyes and I felt like I was gonna throw up. Got up. Couple hits on the one hitter, laid back down and peacefully drifted off to sleep. So when people talk about pot relieving nausea and other discomfort, I have absolutely no problem believing it. Personally, it wasn't my kind or "party", but medicinally it did the trick, amazingly well.

I don't doubt that there may well be medicinal properties in mj. If I were suffering from a disease that causes a lot of pain I might be tempted to try weed for the first time. I do know that a lot of families have been pretty much destroyed by mj as well as alcohol. I don't pretend to know the answers, I'm not even totally sure that regulations should be in place to stop people from destroying their lives and those of young children and even possibly putting more burdens on society. The only thing I do know is I, personally, don't need weed nor alcohol (not saying I don't enjoy a beer ever now and then) to enjoy myself and have never thought either substance could solve any problems I had.