Salted constantly.....

nystripe96

My supe keeps saltin me every shift cuz I'm new. While I catch the vast majority of them, I'd say I've mis-sorted about 7 packages since I started 3 weeks ago, but all were luckily retrieved. If I keep missorting is that grounds for firing even though I'm a hard worker and won't miss any days?

brett636

I wouldn't worry about it too much, just do your best to catch them when they are sent your way and study up on the ones you missed. Your attendance is a much bigger factor than your missorts assuming your not missorting nearly half of everything they are testing you on.

nystripe96

Ya, well he got me twice in the span of 5 mins the other day, so I'm stressin a little because I have no union protection for another month or so.

brett636

Just make sure you study on the ones you missed and keep going back to work. I was a sorter for over 10 years in my building and depending on the supervisor getting checked for exceptions was pretty normal, and I never knew anyone who was fired before they got their 30 days because they missed too many exceptions.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Missorts is definitely a way to lose your job. The two most important things are attendance and accuracy don't worry so much about speed. It will come later.

brown_trousers

There's not really any difference between a missed salt and a mis-sort/mis-load. Either way you are trying to send a package in the wrong direction. Its always better to go a bit slower in the beginning than to go fast and mis-load a bunch of packages. I can only imagine what would happen if you missorted a bunch of EAM or NDA packages, and they became service failures. I'm willing to bet discipline can and would be used.