Sandy

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Good time to cook. Chili sounds good. Mmmmm. Chili.
I turned on the heater last night for the first time this winter. The dogs got to sleep inside last night for the first time too. It's time for stew. I bought a big package of beef stew meat yesterday. Time to get the crock pot out.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I turned on the heater last night for the first time this winter. The dogs got to sleep inside last night for the first time too. It's time for stew. I bought a big package of beef stew meat yesterday. Time to get the crock pot out.
We have start stacking wood on the inside, but we've had the heater on a few times. Probably do it today, before the rain.
Brodie slept with the girls and the boys slept with me. The boys were very happy and Brodie was pissed.

I love beef stew. Yummy!!!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This is simply not true. If there is a state of emergency we are not allowed on the roads--period.
Gov McDonnell has already declared a state of emergency. I'm printing out your post just in case they try to make me go on the road on Monday, that'll shut'em down :happy-very:

PigSkin

Just a reminder to my fellow UPSers. Although a state of emergency may or may not be called in our respective states. Have no fear, UPS will not comply. Remember, rules don't apply to UPS.

LOL. Oh yeah you keep telling yourself that.

I believe Conneticut, New York, and New Jersey have already declared State Of Emergency.

No work till at least Tuesday baby!!!!!!!!!! :laughing2:

Big Babooba

We got called off work for a hurricane just last year, I think. I remember sitting at home waiting for it to hit, and it was a big nothing.
Will we get called off for this "storm of the century"?

Here's that hurricane thread where we did get called off for the day:
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/hurricane.339950/

There was quite a bit of damage west of Worcester but since Massachusetts ends at Worcester, you probably didn't hear about it. They just started reconstruction on the I 91 bridges crossing the Deerfield River. They were damaged from the storm. Also a section of Route 2 was washed out and didn't reopen until December.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

States of emergency may or may not include bans on unnecessary travel. We should all check upsers.com before heading in to work on Monday for operational updates.