Sandy

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Latest plans are for the grand son to come up and stay with Grammy and Poppop starting tommorow as the kids ( Officers Erin and Bill) are emergency personel and will be on shore and on duty around the clock during the storm.

P

pickup

Wow!!! Thank you. I'm touched that you thought of me.

Of course, I thought of this too... Thank you.

Here is one for you. Graham Nash singing this song. I found it touching.

[video=youtube;EDBg2W86d00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDBg2W86d00[/video]

Again, thank you.

Oh that was a good cover version of the song, Pretz. Very moving and touching indeed. Thank you as well.

menotyou

bella amicizia
This is simply not true. If there is a state of emergency we are not allowed on the roads--period.

Not exactly true HERE....

Governor Patrick Declares State of Emergency

Declared today, but we are still allowed on the roads--period.

If I went to upsers.com for 'operational updates', I would have been fired a while ago.

Its not nice to trump Upchuck!!
Our shared DM doesn't care about 'unnecessary travel bans'. What world do you live in, Upstate????? I've worked many a blizzard with the roads closed and still had to keep going while you in Bubbleland were sipping tea at the local McDonalds play land 'borrowing the wi-fi'.

kingOFchester

My local municipality has already declared a "State of emergency" effective 8pm tonight. At this point in time the State of emergency does not stop anyone from using the roads.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
PHL Night Sort Closed
Hurricane Sandy Update - Saturday, October 27

Hurricane Sandy is expected to make landfall in the early morning hours of Monday, October 29. According to projected storm paths, the entire Chesapeake District will be affected by this storm.

The safety of people is UPS’s first priority in emergency or crisis situations.

That is why the Chesapeake District has made the decision to CANCEL the PHL NIGHT SORT OPERATION on Monday night. This cancellation is ONLY for PHL Night Sort Employees.

All other buildings and operations are operating as planned on Monday. All employees should report to work as scheduled.

kingOFchester

PHL Night Sort Closed

Hurricane Sandy Update - Saturday, October 27

Hurricane Sandy is expected to make landfall in the early morning hours of Monday, October 29. According to projected storm paths, the entire Chesapeake District will be affected by this storm.

The safety of people is UPS’s first priority in emergency or crisis situations.

That is why the Chesapeake District has made the decision to CANCEL the PHL NIGHT SORT OPERATION on Monday night. This cancellation is ONLY for PHL Night Sort Employees.

All other buildings and operations are operating as planned on Monday. All employees should report to work as scheduled.

Great minds think alike Just made a thread with the same info.

UPSGUY72

Governor Patrick also asked private businesses to let their employees stay home for reasons of public safety.

Read more: Hurricane Sandy predicted to have destructive impact on Massachusetts | Weather - WCVB Home

Damn near every school is closed in Mass. Nothing on UPSers yet....

How friend-ing stupid is that. We have become a society of sissy. A little rain and wind and everything comes to a halt. In the winter a inch or 2 of snow and the same thing happens. When I was a kid there had to be a foot or two of snow and the roads had to be impassable in order for school to be closed.

over9five

Staff member
How friend-ing stupid is that. We have become a society of sissy. A little rain and wind and everything comes to a halt. In the winter a inch or 2 of snow and the same thing happens. When I was a kid there had to be a foot or two of snow and the roads had to be impassable in order for school to be closed.
I guess it all depends how it pans out. Right now they're listening to all the Boston weather people, and as usual, they are talking up a huge storm. They did the same thing last year with Irene. All the schools closed, UPS closed, and all it did was rain.

Myself, I have zero interest driving with a 53' sail on the highways tomorrow night if we're going to have the forcasted 60 mph winds. I think storms are cool to stay home and watch, take a walk outside, whatever. I'd take the layoff day.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?

One word.... Lawsuits....

guinness413

the view at the end of my road this afternoon(storm has not hit yet nor has the full moon double high tide that we will get Monday)
602266_10151287747528352_176396212_n.jpg
525589_10151197893909360_1645174314_n.jpg