Sandy

Nickfury7

Ya my sup walked up to me and said ill make sure they know u were here today. Didn't really know what that was for? Are we getting paid?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
How friend-ing stupid is that. We have become a society of sissy. A little rain and wind and everything comes to a halt. In the winter a inch or 2 of snow and the same thing happens. When I was a kid there had to be a foot or two of snow and the roads had to be impassable in order for school to be closed.
I guess it all depends how it pans out. Right now they're listening to all the Boston weather people, and as usual, they are talking up a huge storm. They did the same thing last year with Irene. All the schools closed, UPS closed, and all it did was rain.

Myself, I have zero interest driving with a 53' sail on the highways tomorrow night if we're going to have the forcasted 60 mph winds. I think storms are cool to stay home and watch, take a walk outside, whatever. I'd take the layoff day.

The hype is ridiculous, but I sure wouldn't want to be driving a T/T in that kind of wind!
Nothing but some light rain & wind.
I did hear a branch fall from a tree in woods! Just hype here!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
How friend-ing stupid is that. We have become a society of sissy. A little rain and wind and everything comes to a halt. In the winter a inch or 2 of snow and the same thing happens. When I was a kid there had to be a foot or two of snow and the roads had to be impassable in order for school to be closed.

yup,,, your that guy,, you should head down to the coast ... the damage from this is gonna be mind boggling http://water.weather.gov/resources/hydrographs/batn6_hg.png

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I've been watching the news for nearly 24 hrs now. I'm shocked at the damage and devastation that Sandy has created and totally shocked at the number of people who did not take heed of the warnings that they were given to get out of areas that would be directly impacted by Sandy's fury. Those people had to be rescued after they were told to evacuate. That is so wrong.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've been watching the news for nearly 24 hrs now. I'm shocked at the damage and devastation that Sandy has created and totally shocked at the number of people who did not take heed of the warnings that they were given to get out of areas that would be directly impacted by Sandy's fury. Those people had to be rescued after they were told to evacuate. That is so wrong.

They tell the people that don't leave, "you will not be rescued" and then they turn around and rescue them. Sometime, they should stick to their guns !!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm listening to Mayor Bloomberg right now and though I understand why the press asks some of these questions but some of the questions they are asking is STUPID!! One reporter asked, "What plans are going to be implemented in the future for storms of this nature?". How fricking stupid is that? WTF! Bloomberg immediately responded, "Well, let's get through this before we start worrying about what might happen in the future."

menotyou

bella amicizia
They tell the people that don't leave, "you will not be rescued" and then they turn around and rescue them. Sometime, they should stick to their guns !!
The 'Mutiny on the Bounty' ship sank. A crew member and the Captain are missing. In Atlantic City, a good time was had by all, I guess.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

AZ implemented, several years ago, The Stupid Motorists Law (that's exactly what it's called too). Anyone who has to be rescued out of a flood area because they went around road blocks are ticketed and have to pay for rescue services. The tickets start at 2,000.

I think that laws like this should be implemented around the country for this type of stupidity. These people are putting themselves and others in danger. I just saw some older women on the news, saying they stayed in their home in a mandatory evacuation area. Her husband is wheelchair bound and on insulin. Now their house is flooded, now power. It could be days before they get power back. She was acting like it's someone else's responsibility. She wants someone to come and pump out their basement. whine whine whine I have NO pity for people like this. They had the chance to get out and didn't want to.

Nimnim

The Nim
The 'Mutiny on the Bounty' ship sank. A crew member and the Captain are missing. In Atlantic City, a good time was had by all, I guess.

Was it supposed to be a 3 hour tour?
154218d4.gif

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I had to call CS at DTV yesterday afternoon to get our new rcvr set up. 45 mins on hold due to severe weather. I was totally caught off guard by this. I can only imagine how many people were calling in yesterday because there service was interrupted by Sandy. Come On Man!!! It's a hurricane. Do you really think that your satellite service is THAT important?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The Gov. PA is speaking right now. He just said that there is a legislative action in which anyone that has to be rescued after an evacuation has been order has to pay for their rescue, pay a fine and have points put on their licenses. Good for PA!

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Gov. PA is speaking right now. He just said that there is a legislative action in which anyone that has to be rescued after an evacuation has been order has to pay for their rescue, pay a fine and have points put on their licenses. Good for PA!
That's a terrifc idea because these goofs cause people to risk their lives to save the idiots.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

That's a terrifc idea because these goofs cause people to risk their lives to save the idiots.

From what I understand, (I heard this and I did not check out if it is true. My fact checker is on vacation.) The mayor of Atlantic City told his residents that they did not need to GET OUT.

This guy needs to PAY for it all and take all the points on his DL.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
From what I understand, (I heard this and I did not check out if it is true. My fact checker is on vacation.) The mayor of Atlantic City told his residents that they did not need to GET OUT.

This guy needs to PAY for it all and take all the points on his DL.
I did not hear the conversation directly but as I understand it (news reporters) there were heated words exchanged between A mayor and A governor about the evacuations and what was necessary and not necessary. It may very well have involved this particular mayor.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Before we attack elderly / disabled for lack of response.

Sometimes it is only a wife or a husband as primary caretaker over each other and they have no one else and do not want to burden others.

Meds need to be given on a strict schedule.
Ostomy bags are personal.
Diapers.
I don't want to list everything which burdens a caretaker.

I am going to toss in a new idea or a revisit to days gone bye...
What ever happened to helping a neighbor?
What ever happened to checking on a neighbor?