Sandy

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Before we attack elderly / disabled for lack of response.

Sometimes it is only a wife or a husband as primary caretaker over each other and they have no one else and do not want to burden others.

Meds need to be given on a strict schedule.
Ostomy bags are personal.
Diapers.
I don't want to list everything which burdens a caretaker.

I am going to toss in a new idea or a revisit to days gone bye...
What ever happened to helping a neighbor?
What ever happened to checking on a neighbor?

​That's true, but ya can't let that put your life in jeopardy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
From what I understand, (I heard this and I did not check out if it is true. My fact checker is on vacation.) The mayor of Atlantic City told his residents that they did not need to GET OUT.

This guy needs to PAY for it all and take all the points on his DL.
I did not hear the conversation directly but as I understand it (news reporters) there were heated words exchanged between A mayor and A governor about the evacuations and what was necessary and not necessary. It may very well have involved this particular mayor.

Yeah Christie let him know how he felt.

Johney

Yes that was between the Governor and the mayor. I don't think that mayor will win his next term. I saw the interview with the Governor and he was pissed before the storm.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Yes that was between the Governor and the mayor. I don't think that mayor will win his next term. I saw the interview with the Governor and he was pissed before the storm.

The mayor of AC is a putz ,one of the shelters went underwater. Telling people it was ok to stay. People were begging the emergency personel to rescue them ,and putting there lives in jeapordy.The kids have been on duty since Sunday and now they are patroling for looters.Erin called and said you cannot drive up the beach block, still underwater and 2 feet of sand in most places ,windows blown out in beach front houses ,and parts of the boardwalk gone.In Ocean City the ocean met the bay on two tides.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Atlantiv City Sandy.jpgThe mayor said it was ok to stay.jpg
Atlantiv City Sandy.jpg
The mayor said it was ok to stay.jpg

opie

I wonder if they will try to get FT drivers to work on Saturday to catch up on the work? But I don't think it will be that bad because a lot businesses probably won't be operating this week. With all the power outages and road closures, volume might be down this week in the NYC Tri-state area.

HomeDelivery

we shall see... power went back up. barrier islands & parts of cape may still not accessible. the driver i covered for is still in the shelter on an inner part of the mainland...

i'm being called back in to work in 3 hours...

texan

The mayor of AC is a putz ,one of the shelters went underwater. Telling people it was ok to stay. People were begging the emergency personel to rescue them ,and putting there lives in jeapordy.The kids have been on duty since Sunday and now they are patroling for looters.Erin called and said you cannot drive up the beach block, still underwater and 2 feet of sand in most places ,windows blown out in beach front houses ,and parts of the boardwalk gone.In Ocean City the ocean met the bay on two tides.

My father was in Ocean City in 1938 on vacation when that occured (the ocean met the bay on two tides)

upsman68

I remember coming back to work after Hurricane Ike. My first stop was to a residential The lady said she was happy to see me drive up because it showed her things were getting back to normal. Of course she had no electricity but she could see the light at the end of the tunnel.

upser92

Here in Toledo it's felt like the week after Christmas. I mean we've gotten absolutely nothing this week pretty much, working about 30 minutes less and we're cutting a lot of people daily. Next week will be nuts I imagine