Saturday after thanksgiving

steve05

Hey guys, I've heard from multiple drivers and supervisors that we are working the Saturday after thanksgiving along with Black Friday. I knew about Black Friday but have you guys heard Saturday too? Also, I've heard they will try and work us every Saturday after that until Christmas. I was just wondering if you heard the same... thanks!

Indecisi0n

Yes , centers are running fun ground/air Saturday after Black Friday and every Saturday after that until Christmas. For you guys that love making cash, this is your year.

dudebro

It's simple math really. Starting around Thanksgiving, the hubs start working 6 and 7 day weeks to process available volume. We get beyond the point where we can deliver it in 5 days, even with all the casuals and helpers we can hire.

6th day punches for drivers with DOT hours remaining started in metro areas where residential e commerce really drove up stops, and as volume goes up I think it will spread to more centers.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Better use up all of your hours Monday's through Friday then. Because I see most centers running Saturdays all through peak.
I'm second on the seniority list out of 180+ drivers. No way they are going to run 178 routes on a Saturday. Even if they did, I have a nasty habit of having a Bloody Mary with my omelet on weekends.

BROWNCAT

My center will be delivering (and doing pick ups if open and willing to ship that day) friday, Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving. So far it's voluntary... No word yet on forcing from the bottom up.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm second on the seniority list out of 180+ drivers. No way they are going to run 178 routes on a Saturday. Even if they did, I have a nasty habit of having a Bloody Mary with my omelet on weekends.
I see a full operation all hands on deck for at least a few Saturdays this peak.

Indecisi0n

They currently cannot force guys to come in on saturdays. It's all voluntary. Hopefully that remains in the next contract.

over9five

Staff member
Luckily, they have the option of changing you guys to 70 hours/8 days like us....

That being said, I'm ASSUMING they can do that, they did it to us last Peak.

KOG72

I’m full of it
My center will be delivering (and doing pick ups if open and willing to ship that day) friday, Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving. So far it's voluntary... No word yet on forcing from the bottom up.
Heard the same thing at my center also

Indecisi0n

Luckily, they have the option of changing you guys to 70 hours/8 days like us....

That being said, I'm ASSUMING they can do that, they did it to us last Peak.
Not speaking for the new guys but at this point in my career if I was forced to work I would do more damage than good.

over9five

Staff member
C'mon guys!
It's all about getting it done for our valuable customers!
Coming together as a team during Peak!
Anything it takes to get the job done!

So what? You lose a little family time. That's the JOB you signed up for! Family time is over-rated anyhow. What's one more day a week in the package car? Think of all those smiling little brats...errr.....children around the Christmas tree thanks to your extra effort!
Think of the good feeling you'll have knowing you saved some parents ass cuz they waited till the last minute to order something!
TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM!