Saturday air 10/31

Oak

Today's Saturday air began with about 50% more stops than we've been having lately.

The first few stops were all signature required. I kept looking at the packages and sig was not on the label? I was thinking that it was really strange that on a single day I was getting all these stops that were flagged for a signature.

As the day went on, it hit me! It's Halloween, dummy! No packages DR'ed to be left out for trick or treaters to grab.

PT Car Washer

Today's Saturday air began with about 50% more stops than we've been having lately.

The first few stops were all signature required. I kept looking at the packages and sig was not on the label? I was thinking that it was really strange that on a single day I was getting all these stops that were flagged for a signature.

As the day went on, it hit me! It's Halloween, dummy! No packages DR'ed to be left out for trick or treaters to grab.
Pretty average Saturday in my building today with no extra signature required stops.

UPSGUY72

At EVERY stop.

When you scanned the package did it prompt you to get a sign or did it say NO DR. Also when you scanned the package was there an s in fort of the tracking number on the screen ???

It Doesn't matter the what day it is. The day has no effect on whether a sign is required or not. A sig is only required if the shipper request one and you can't override a Sig Req. You can over ride a No DR. They are to different things NO DR is something that UPS puts on certain address or whole areas...

Anthonysg0113

When you scanned the package did it prompt you to get a sign or did it say NO DR. Also when you scanned the package was there an s in fort of the tracking number on the screen ???

It Doesn't matter the what day it is. The day has no effect on whether a sign is required or not. A sig is only required if the shipper request one and you can't override a Sig Req. You can over ride a No DR. They are to different things NO DR is something that UPS puts on certain address or whole areas...
How do you over ride a No DR?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
How do you over ride a No DR?
Go into the address entry screen and hit override on all the fields.

Then sheet it as whatever DR location (front door, porch, etc.) but don't hit stop complete. Go back into address screen, and starting with the street number, hit the enter button until you get past the street column. Then hit stop complete.

Address overrides show on a report - or at least they did as recently as 2007.

UPSGUY72

Then sheet it as whatever DR location (front door, porch, etc.) but don't hit stop complete. Go back into address screen, and starting with the street number, hit the enter button until you get past the street column. Then hit stop complete.

Address overrides show on a report - or at least they did as recently as 2007.

LOL I don't worry about reports. If your worried about their stupid reports you need to start looking for a new job...

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
LOL I don't worry about reports. If your worried about their stupid reports you need to start looking for a new job...

Typically nor do I, but in this case you're being instructed to do one thing and instead are doing something completely different.

Management tends to get pissy over things like that.

UPSGUY72

Typically nor do I, but in this case you're being instructed to do one thing and instead are doing something completely different.

Management tends to get pissy over things like that.

Management tell us to so things everyday and we don't. If we followed everything they told us to do nothing would get delivered. I guess if you have a lot of follow ups than you better not override a NO DR address as your apparently have issues...

Oak

No EDD here on Saturdays. I grab the packages from the shuttle driver, then deliver. I normally deliver the first stop, then pre-record the rest. Helps me with the order I'm going to deliver, especially if I complete a stop, then decide a different stop would be better than what I first planned. A UPS Store pickup blows my plan quite often.

Today, I saw nothing about NO DR. Every stop had Signature Required highlighted at the top right on the DIAD. There was no indication of Signature Required on the label.

I even had an Ohama Steaks ~shipper release package~ prompt for a signature today. I felt like I got lucky. Everyone was home. All stops completed by commit time.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Thanks. I was really looking forward to going down there for the day but I'm not feeling well and my daughter felt it best that I stay home.

Wow. People must be warming up to you since they missed a potentially easy joke and stab at you Dave. I was so expecting a......"See, even your own family doesn't want you around," kind of jab. Either the yokels here are slipping or.....they......might start......liking you. :scared: