Saturday air driver and ground seniority

llamainmypocket

I'm an air driver and there seems to be some disagreement over who has seniority over who when it comes to driving ground.

As I understand it, air seniority prevails for running air during the week but building seniority (among air driver's) prevails for running ground packages.

The dispatcher seemed to think it was straight air seniority across the board. The difference may soon be enough to put me on the road a couple times a week. I'm about half way up the list by building seniority but near the bottom for air seniority.

If I can cover drive frequently I may just pass on going full time. The prospect of cover driving as I choose at top rate in a few years may trump being a ground driver at full rate for 5 days a week.

Brown Down

I believe you are correct on building seniority amongst qualified professionals drivers. I started air driving later than some people below me and was driving during the week before them due to this. . I would talk to your BA to make sure as each area could be different.

barnyard

KTM rider
As far as seniority for who does what, that is going to depend on past practice. Seems like it is different depending on where you are.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Are you PT or FT? Saturday air was classified as PT until Sat ground came around. I'd imagine your BA is going to say you no longer have rights to work before FT drivers because of this. What you deliver on the day doesn't matter, how you're classified and what the day is classified as does.

PT Car Washer

Are you PT or FT? Saturday air was classified as PT until Sat ground came around. I'd imagine your BA is going to say you no longer have rights to work before FT drivers because of this. What you deliver on the day doesn't matter, how you're classified and what the day is classified as does.
He stated he may give up going FT if he can work enough hours during the week delivering ground packages and making top driver rate for the day. The question was does building seniority prevail or classification (PT Air Driver) prevail for extra work. In my building seniority prevails for extra work by qualification and availability.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
He stated he may give up going FT if he can work enough hours during the week delivering ground packages and making top driver rate for the day. The question was does building seniority prevail or classification (PT Air Driver) prevail for extra work. In my building seniority prevails for extra work by qualification and availability.
I seemed to have read it wrong. I was thinking he was talking about who has rights for Saturday ground. Yeah, in ours building seniority and qualification to perform the job are what matters.