Saturday Air/optional holidays

688girl

Hello, I'm brand new here. I've been a preloader for almost 6 years and I am now an air driver as well. I was told that if you have an optional holiday on a Friday, you are guaranteed Saturday off. Anybody ever heard this? I'm off Friday and being forced to work Saturday.

PT Car Washer

Hello, I'm brand new here. I've been a preloader for almost 6 years and I am now an air driver as well. I was told that if you have an optional holiday on a Friday, you are guaranteed Saturday off. Anybody ever heard this? I'm off Friday and being forced to work Saturday.
What does one have to do with the other. Read Art 40 in the master. UPS can force PT air drivers to work any day that they are needed. In my building we mostly are not forced to work every Saturday out of fear we all will quit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Someone lied to you. An optional day on Friday has nothing to do with being forced to work on Saturday.

By The Book

If you worked this week, they can work you Saturday. You requested/scheduled the option day on a Friday right? If you wanted a four day weekend you needed to give notice in advance, like 2 weeks prior could of helped.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you worked this week, they can work you Saturday. You requested/scheduled the option day on a Friday right? If you wanted a four day weekend you needed to give notice in advance, like 2 weeks prior could of helped.

But....but....but.....someone told her she would be guaranteed to have Saturday off.....

688girl

Yeah, I didn't know anything about the whole get saturday off until a few days ago. Unfortunately, it appears to be incorrect info.

688girl

I talked to my Union guy today and found this out. Thanks! I had no idea we could take optional days on Saturday ha.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If an air-driver works a UPS holiday, they do not have to work the next business day. That's how it works locally, anyway. This does not apply to PERSONAL optional holidays, though.

When I was an air driver, I always took advantage of having a day off, even if we had to work when everyone else didn't.

Dr.Brownz

If they tell me I'm going to be forced to work Saturday I tell them I'll be taking lunch at noon so make sure my dispatch allows me to do so and make all commit times. Suddenly they can make due with out me. Haven't had to do that for 2 years now but still, it's a good card to have in the deck.

FYI: our saturday air commit is 2pm

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If they tell me I'm going to be forced to work Saturday I tell them I'll be taking lunch at noon so make sure my dispatch allows me to do so and make all commit times. Suddenly they can make due with out me. Haven't had to do that for 2 years now but still, it's a good card to have in the deck.

FYI: our saturday air commit is 2pm

Saturday is hours worked---no lunch.