Saturday Air Work

upsmanclt

I volunteered to work today, finished deliveries and now waiting to pick up ups store at 12. I am being told to take lunch until 12. I don't have to take lunch, correct?

stink219

Correct. I'd ask them if they plan on paying you 8? If not, lunch is dependent on supplemental language and hours of service from federal motor carriers

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Ask them, "what work is next?" Hell I've driven back to the center to wash cars before a pick up.
Theyre gonna pay you to sit or work. Let them decide

iruhnman630

You volunteered. Let them show their appreciation by paying you for all the time you work today.

Unless something has changed, saturday work is part-time work, and pt work includes 10 minute paid break but no unpaid lunch.

AKCoverMan

Here the saturday work is generally covered by part time air drivers, however, from time to time they don't have three available so they need one of us full time drivers to work. When they do, it's eight hours guarantee unless you agree to go home early for less. And all time and a half.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here the saturday work is generally covered by part time air drivers, however, from time to time they don't have three available so they need one of us full time drivers to work. When they do, it's eight hours guarantee unless you agree to go home early for less. And all time and a half.

I used to run Saturday Air every once in a while----it was hours worked at straight time, which did work out to time and a half as I already had my 40 hours.