Saturday Air

KoennenTiger

I have a bid route and I'm not in coverage though

Yeah but if you are at the bottom of seniority they'll make you work tue-sat. I mean what's your contract say? Do you get five days in a row? Where I'm at the struggle is to get enough seniority so you can laze around and make easy money on Saturdays. I usually get told I'm not getting that easy money cause guys with ten more years than me are taking it

Upsftd125

Yeah but if you are at the bottom of seniority they'll make you work tue-sat. I mean what's your contract say? Do you get five days in a row? Where I'm at the struggle is to get enough seniority so you can laze around and make easy money on Saturdays. I usually get told I'm not getting that easy money cause guys with ten more years than me are taking it

I am Monday-Friday though. We didnt have enough volunteers to work because of vacations so I am being forced to work

KoennenTiger

I am Monday-Friday though. We didnt have enough volunteers to work because of vacations so I am being forced to work

I was caught at the short end of this and forced to do Saturdays for like two months. The guy right below me? He's been doing them every single week for I don't even know how long now.

I hope when you met your now wife you explained to her your an upser and so she can't expect a lot of romance time. Calf massages and BJs but hey I'll bring home the bacon. I did make sure to explain this to my second wife

542thruNthru

Shouldn’t have to go full time to get a full weekend. I don’t mind working Saturdays, but I shouldn’t have to work every one of them

Well those are your only options. Like I said before. We had cover drivers that had to work 6 days a week for years even if they had 54 hours after Friday.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Didn't realize Art 40 superseded language in supplements. Thanks.

Yup.

ARTICLE 40. AIR OPERATION

Preamble

In order for the Employer, the Union and the employees to further benefit
from the expanding air operations, the following Sections shall
supersede language on the same subjects in the Supplements, Riders
and Addenda, unless specifically stated otherwise in this Article.

35years

Gravy route
So...
Anyone know the rules?
I am in the Central, regular M-friend package driver.
Since we went to Saturday ground I am never asked to work Saturday, I used to pick one up here and there for a 6th punch.

My management team routinely violates the rules at other times, especially in regards to seniority and extra work.

-If I find out a lower seniority M-friend regular package driver is being forced on Saturday I have a case for a grievance, or to bump him off the Saturday work.

- I can't bump a T-S regular off Saturday even if they work him the 6th punch on Monday.

-If a M-friend part time air driver is forced on Saturday, I have a case for a grievance or bumping him off Saturday even if he only delivers air. Extra work (6th punch) is by seniority even if it is only air, since they are running ground that day.

-Will I have a case to bump a 22.4 off the work on Saturday if they work them 6 days?...Only if his scheduled shift is M-friend? Or is there special language that says I can bump into that work even if he is T-S?