saturday at ups

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
show up on saturday and given a new route in a city you've never been to before...

albundy_shock.gif

then notice you're dispatch is only 88 stops/145 pkgs...

coy.gif

but of course it's ups, and all drivers at the center are leaving with 3 pages of printed notes, no EDD, no gps and you have to override and type in the address for each stop...

reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
show up on saturday and given a new route in a city you've never been to before...

albundy_shock.gif

coy.gif

but of course it's ups, and all drivers at the center are leaving with 3 pages of printed notes, no EDD, no gps and you have to override and type in the address for each stop...

Same way we did it for many years

542thruNthru

albundy_shock.gif

coy.gif

giphy-78.gif

Poop Head

Judge me.

albundy_shock.gif

coy.gif

Im sorry you actually had to be a ups driver for a day.

PT Car Washer

you probably had to walk uphill to and from school, in the snow
Funny when you see all of the parents cars lined up around the block to take their tykes home that live a few blocks away. When I was a kid the cut off was 2 miles for a bus pass and the rest of us walked or rode our bicycles. I used to ride a bike to school up until the 9th grade. Had to get home in time to see the end of Dark Shadows. The snow did slow me down but I could not imagine what my parents would say if I asked (demanded) a ride home.

542thruNthru

Funny when you see all of the parents cars lined up around the block to take their tykes home that live a few blocks away. When I was a kid the cut off was 2 miles for a bus pass and the rest of us walked or rode our bicycles. I used to ride a bike to school up until the 9th grade. Had to get home in time to see the end of Dark Shadows. The snow did slow me down but I could not imagine what my parents would say if I asked (demanded) a ride home.
You also grew up when having more than one car was extremely rare.

PPH_over_9000

Same story here, and I was born in '88. When the elementary school at the front of my neighborhood starts or finishes for the day, cars on both sides of the road turn a major roadway into a single lane for about a mile. Some of the kids that get picked up live less than a football field away from the school's main entrance (I only know because I've peeped game after getting stuck in that mess.)

When I was growing up, my parents only picked me up from school once. A single time. And that day? 9/11. (This doesn't include suspension/expulsion, though. Numbers'd be a bit higher if I added those in.)

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
i was born in the 60's, i was in high school in the 80's and we still had gun racks with a shotgun and/or rifle in the back window of our pickup truck

Poop Head

Judge me.
I can count on 2 hands how many times i got a ride to school.
Have I mentioned lately how tough I had it?
I got smoked hard by a car, while biking to school freshman year of highschool (people thought i was dead). Long story short, my mom chewed me out on the phone, when the hospital called her at work. She made the cops take me to school after i was all wrapped up at the hospital. Then, hobbled the 2.5 miles home. Now that was parenting!