Saturday centers working Sat after Xmas?

MattM

Love the day off lol. Have long have you been there? The January vacation selection forms have 12/26 available and it filled up fast. It’s been closed since January in my building.

542thruNthru

We were all told that everyone is forced in every Saturday this peak especially the day after Xmas.

I told my manager. I'll take a termination before I show up Saturday after Xmas.

Rack em

Made the Podium
No pickups on the 24, so how heavy can the 26th be?
There will be centers way behind due to rolling volume. I bet there will be mindless consumers shopping on amazon both Christmas Eve and on Christmas day. Ups will want to save the shield as much as possible by getting all that they can delivered in December.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There will be centers way behind due to rolling volume. I bet there will be mindless consumers shopping on amazon both Christmas Eve and on Christmas day. Ups will want to save the shield as much as possible by getting all that they can delivered in December.
Oh well, ship early.

You locals forced to work Saturdays, why did you let yet another contract through without protective language? Suck it, it's your own fault.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Oh well, ship early.

You locals forced to work Saturdays, why did you let yet another contract through without protective language? Suck it, it's your own fault.
I agree with you, I don't care how long it takes to get the junk people don't need delivered.

Luckily we have good language and cannot be forced to work Saturdays. Our local has been getting a lot better in the recent years when standing up to big brown.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
We were already told by management that we won't be operating on the 26th except for our usual air drivers. The 26th was a Thursday last year and we had a skeleton crew operating anyway.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I agree with you, I don't care how long it takes to get the junk people don't need delivered.

Luckily we have good language and cannot be forced to work Saturdays. Our local has been getting a lot better in the recent years when standing up to big brown.
Every year the same locals beotch about forced work on Saturday's yet forget come contract time. They must not care? Same with day after Thanksgiving language.

Ghost in the Darkness

They need be using safe dates to get things delivered by Christmas and the covid excuse on top of that. Unfortunately at ups when choosing between greed and not looking stupid, they often choose the former.