Saturday fallout

MendozaJ

Now that UPS store pickups on Saturdays are left to the ground drivers, who are back in the building after 9, NDAs are not being processed. Customers expecting Monday delivery don't get it until Tuesday.

PT Car Washer

How were they being processed before?
Saturday Air pick ups were made by Saturday Air drivers and brought back to the building in time to be processed for Monday delivery. Guessing they don't get back in time or are mixed in with all the ground pick ups. We go live next Saturday and there are still a lot of unanswered questions. We can't even get the Saturday Air delivered in time mostly because of lopsided dispatch. We used to have our own areas and traded among ourselves if someone was extra heavy on stops. Almost never had lates. Now we use EDD and ORION and PAL everything and always have late air on Saturday.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
200.gif

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Now that UPS store pickups on Saturdays are left to the ground drivers, who are back in the building after 9, NDAs are not being processed. Customers expecting Monday delivery don't get it until Tuesday.

I returned to the center today with about 10 NDAs from 2 different UPS stores on my Saturday route since we're still only doing airs on Saturday. The saturation is getting high though and I wouldn't be surprised if we moved to limited Saturday ground operations by Christmas.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I returned to the center today with about 10 NDAs from 2 different UPS stores on my Saturday route since we're still only doing airs on Saturday. The saturation is getting high though and I wouldn't be surprised if we moved to limited Saturday ground operations by Christmas.
wew lad are you in for a big surprise..

barnyard

KTM rider
The 3 hubs in my area are starting Saturday delivery next weekend. I am guessing that my center will get it before peak.

rocket man

That's not your problem would you rather pick up all that smile* on Monday

Ghost in the Darkness

UPS has a what can we get away with attitude about air. If customers don't file claims and UPS strongarms them and make it difficult anyway, then UPS doesn't suffer any reprocussions. I still hear lots of complaints about Fedex service so the competition isn't putting any pressure on us, UPS will go on like this as long as they can get away with it. Nothing is going to change anytime soon.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
UPS has a what can we get away with attitude about air. If customers don't file claims and UPS strongarms them and make it difficult anyway, then UPS doesn't suffer any reprocussions. I still hear lots of complaints about Fedex service so the competition isn't putting any pressure on us, UPS will go on like this as long as they can get away with it. Nothing is going to change anytime soon.
completely wrong because the shippers don't have to claim anything it's all automated

guaranteed service refunds are eating us ALIVE, it's not some wild strategy of ours we just suck