SATURDAY - Forced to Work - What Percent???

RealPerson

So, our building is going to Saturday operations soon. I thought I read in the contract somewhere that only 25% could be forced from the bottom up to switch??

Sucks for people who have second jobs and have to quit because their FT job works Saturdays...

Our building is forcing about 45% Pre-Load to switch to T-S shift.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Our whole local was re-bid with Saturday implementation. In this hub, it would seem about 40 or 50 percent were T-S.

Preload, was anyone with less than 3 years seniority moved over. However it is short-staffed and they are not only begging for extensions, but employee retention. Its pretty ugly as of right now.

km3

Our whole local was re-bid with Saturday implementation. In this hub, it would seem about 40 or 50 percent were T-S.

Preload, was anyone with less than 3 years seniority moved over. However it is short-staffed and they are not only begging for extensions, but employee retention. Its pretty ugly as of right now.

I'll end up being on a Tue-Sat schedule when we get Saturday ground. I've accepted that. I see an opportunity for overtime as I can come in for an hour or two on Monday and double, thereby turning the longest day, Saturday, into all OT.

But at the same time, it's not too difficult for me to imagine a scenario in the near feature where I show up to work and I'm the only one in my area...forcing me to do the work of about 8 people all on my own. Heck, the 6th day may be all OT, but it will by no means be "easy money." I'll deserve every penny if that does end up happening.

It's obvious that staffing is going to be the most difficult part of implementing this. We can't staff ourselves for a typical day now. All hell is gonna break loose once Saturday ground gets here...I honestly don't know how they're going to deal with it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
But at the same time, it's not too difficult for me to imagine a scenario in the near feature where I show up to work and I'm the only one in my area...forcing me to do the work of about 8 people all on my own. Heck, the 6th day may be all OT, but it will by no means be "easy money." I'll deserve every penny if that does end up happening.
This is exactly what is happening.