Saturday Morning Trailer Shifting

natestate

Hello All,

Is anyone else out there a delivery driver Tuesday through Friday, but does trailer shifting on Saturday mornings? If so, does your center work with you to give you a light load on Friday so you can get out early to make it a little easier to come in early Saturday morning? When I signed the bid for the position I was under the impression that DOT rules would apply and I would be required to have 10 hours off between shifts. The center manager (who was less than pleased I signed and got the bid) is now telling me that DOT rules do not apply here because the shifting is done on property and I'm not actually going on road.

I'm concerned about my ability to do this job safely if my center is going to bury me on a Friday so I get out late, and then have to be back at 3:30 the following morning.

PT Car Washer

Hello All,

Is anyone else out there a delivery driver Tuesday through Friday, but does trailer shifting on Saturday mornings? If so, does your center work with you to give you a light load on Friday so you can get out early to make it a little easier to come in early Saturday morning? When I signed the bid for the position I was under the impression that DOT rules would apply and I would be required to have 10 hours off between shifts. The center manager (who was less than pleased I signed and got the bid) is now telling me that DOT rules do not apply here because the shifting is done on property and I'm not actually going on road.

I'm concerned about my ability to do this job safely if my center is going to bury me on a Friday so I get out late, and then have to be back at 3:30 the following morning.
Trailer shifting is only done by Feeder driver classification. Package car driver should not be performing Feeder driver work.

Box Ox

Trailer shifting is only done by Feeder driver classification. Package car driver should not be performing Feeder driver work.

My center uses a designated preloader to shift around the yard during the sort.

But yeah, a full time driver has no business shifting in the AM unless they're looking for hours and displaced a part timer. Should contact your local immediately so it can laugh at your center manager. Punch out Friday night and then come back in to shift at 3:30AM Saturday my *ss.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Hello All,

Not required bit It's something you will have to negotiate with your steward / BA and the center manager. Talk to someone on the safety committee. If there is a saftey concerns log in your center write it in there.
If the trailer shifting is a center/preload job accidents will be charged to the center. If its a feeder job then talk to the feeder dispatch. They could be located in a different hub but would have the authority to tell you center manager you need 10hrs off for proper rest. They don't want to get charged with an accident either.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello All,

You related to @Indecisi0n ?

Poop Head

Judge me.
Hello All,

You signed the bid.
Hope you enjoy it