Saturday work

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
Is Saturday work by seniority or by route or cover guy with no route. I'm talking about making people come in Tuesday to Saturday. Bottom guys have to come in ? Route guy with say 15 years doesn't have to work, but a cover guy with 30 years gets forced in ? Whatever happened to seniority shall prevail.......

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Is Saturday work by seniority or by route or cover guy with no route. I'm talking about making people come in Tuesday to Saturday. Bottom guys have to come in ? Route guy with say 15 years doesn't have to work, but a cover guy with 30 years gets forced in ? Whatever happened to seniority shall prevail.......
Karma is a bitch ... just wait until you retire.

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
According to business agent, doesn't matter how many years seniority you have. Guy with 10 years with route works mon-fri. Guy with over 30 and no route forced in. This is wrong. All we have in This company is seniority. For vacations, bids, days off. All by seniority

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
According to business agent, doesn't matter how many years seniority you have. Guy with 10 years with route works mon-fri. Guy with over 30 and no route forced in. This is wrong. All we have in This company is seniority. For vacations, bids, days off. All by seniority
Tuesday - Saturday are new routes and should be bid as such.

Offered from the top down or forced from the bottom up.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's how are routes are bid.
St. Louis just went to Saturday delivery. Any routes open because retirement or new route creation is bid local wide. So instead of bidding all of these Tuesday thru Saturday routes and it taking forever to figure it all out they just had the stewards ask anyone if they'd be interested in transferring there for a T-S route.

Last edited:
St. Louis just went to Saturday delivery. Any routes open because retirement or new route creation is bid local wide. So instead of bidding all of these Tuesday thru Saturday routes and it taking forever to figure it all out they just had the stewards ask anyone if they'd be interesting in transferring there for a T-S route.
We had to bid our routes twice this year.