Save your money for 2013

S

speeddemon

It baffles me to see how ignorant so many of our members are concerning the depth and complexity of economics. Is it that hard to separate your party preference from the actual rules that govern economics? Its better to be silent on an issue if your not well versed in it, rather than show your gleaming ignorance.

JustTired

free at last.......
Is it that hard to separate your party preference from the actual rules that govern economics?

Well....I guess if you are a member of congress, it is.

When is the campaigning going to stop and the governing going to begin?

Only solution that will save this country..........one term. And I'm not talking just about the presidency!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It baffles me to see how ignorant so many of our members are concerning the depth and complexity of economics. Is it that hard to separate your party preference from the actual rules that govern economics? Its better to be silent on an issue if your not well versed in it, rather than show your gleaming ignorance.

Everyone ... ignore this! No one will be posting if you don't ignore this.

Packmule

A 1.2 billion dollar buyout of the Central States Pension fund was a 1.2 billion dollar buyOFF of the Teamsters Union. Think APWA. Think it real fast.

satellitedriver

I am ignorant enough to know how simple economics applies to reality, not to the complexities of how economic theory is being applied by politicians.

Rules of economics?
Which theory of economics are you referring to?-(there are many)-

You propose yourself as a scholar of economics and it's rules as if it was a single unified theory.
Your condescending attitude belies your prejudice applied to your own limited view.
Economics, in it's purest form, is just simple math.
In my ignorance, I can only wish that elected politicians would learn how to balance a simple check book.

TUT

the number of times is irrelevant. The only relevant number is how much $ it was raised by. Obama currently has almost accumulated more debt in one term as president than Bush accumulated in two terms of presidency.

Well the dept that was added (all-time record dept I may add) came right at the start of Obama's presidency has to be considered Bush's if there is any justice or truth left in the world. I mean come on... they held on to it just long enough to give the hot potato to the next guy.

goetface

not sure if anyones noticed, but in the last few years during the banks sticking it to us with the bill, and corporations raking in huge profits and bonuses, and the politicians not really giving a crap. None one seems to give a damn about us, the american people, they just throw the load on us and treat us worse and worse, as we steadily and increasingly accept more BS. I sure hope there is a huge strike in 2013, and I hope its for the better, and i mean a national strike.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
not sure if anyones noticed, but in the last few years during the banks sticking it to us with the bill, and corporations raking in huge profits and bonuses, and the politicians not really giving a crap. None one seems to give a damn about us, the american people, they just throw the load on us and treat us worse and worse, as we steadily and increasingly accept more BS. I sure hope there is a huge strike in 2013, and I hope its for the better, and i mean a national strike.

Self-destructive behavior is usually not a productive reaction to frustration.

S

speeddemon

Your exactly right! It is simple math. And when you boil it down, you can have all the theories you want, but there can ONLY be ONE absolute truth in anything your talking about. From what I see here, many members subscribe to the democratic school of thought just because their union says so. Hey, if your happy being a blind sheep, knock yourself out. But don't yell for a rope to save you while your going over the cliff.

MFR2010

The rumor of a strike shouldn't even be on the table. Ive lost enough bulk off my route from FedEx with us working. Could you imagine the amount of jobs that would be lost if we went on strike. I'm a seven year driver and I would bet that I would definitely be out of a job. Unless UPS is stupid and asks for some unrealistic concessions, which they wouldn't, I don't think anything could be gained by a strike. And for anyone thinking of voting for Sandy Pope, I met her outside the building, she looks like and old stripper and seems just as dumb. She would be the last person I want negotiating my future. Yea the leadership right now might make deals with UPS, but I think that's done with the idea of what's best for the company and the members. Making deals makes the Union and UPS like a partnership not two enemies trying to work together.