Save your money for 2013

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
are you all smoking crack? yes, fedex was in the process of buying RPS - but FedEx has been pushing their non-union, non-strike message since 1997 and been winning portions of our largest customers. now they pay their drivers peanuts so they are buying all of our ground business. They are pushing a time in transit advantage becasue of the way we have to run our network. what about 1976? ever heard about them almost going out of business until UPS went on strike then they had more volume then they could deal with? you all keep gift wrapping our business and giving it to a non-union competitor. genius!

you all say "ohh UPS made billions" we made BILLIONS becasue we make PENNIES per package times MILLIONS of packages. those MILLIONS of packages go away, our BILLIONS in profit go away! It's not that UPS is HORDING MONEY like most of you think.

I got a news flash - they have been building modern hubs with a TON of capacity. that capacity is there for one reason - WHEN THE UNION GOES ON STRIKE. so focus your efforts on unionizing FEdEx. we try to do something MODERN like TELEMATICS and you guys do nothing but complain!!

i dont get commission - so try again. I don't get a portion of each sale that would be COMMISSION- i get paid based on a "plan" given to me by someone who has no idea how realistic it is. If I got paid on commission, i would only worry about the next sale, not the account base I have to manage. jesus you all are like broken records.

and i don't give two craps if you turn in a sales lead, but I do bet you give a crap if your route gets cut becasue we couldnt generate new volume. is that the sales persons fault? really?? the people on the street are the drivers and if they (YOU) don't give a crap about securing/growing our busienss why even negotiate in good faith?

now today is my birthday and I'm on vacation, so you all have fun out there.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
are you all smoking crack? yes, fedex was in the process of buying RPS - but FedEx has been pushing their non-union, non-strike message since 1997 and been winning portions of our largest customers. now they pay their drivers peanuts so they are buying all of our ground business. They are pushing a time in transit advantage becasue of the way we have to run our network. what about 1976? ever heard about them almost going out of business until UPS went on strike then they had more volume then they could deal with? you all keep gift wrapping our business and giving it to a non-union competitor. genius!

you all say "ohh UPS made billions" we made BILLIONS becasue we make PENNIES per package times MILLIONS of packages. those MILLIONS of packages go away, our BILLIONS in profit go away! It's not that UPS is HORDING MONEY like most of you think.

I got a news flash - they have been building modern hubs with a TON of capacity. that capacity is there for one reason - WHEN THE UNION GOES ON STRIKE. so focus your efforts on unionizing FEdEx. we try to do something MODERN like TELEMATICS and you guys do nothing but complain!!

i dont get commission - so try again. I don't get a portion of each sale that would be COMMISSION- i get paid based on a "plan" given to me by someone who has no idea how realistic it is. If I got paid on commission, i would only worry about the next sale, not the account base I have to manage. jesus you all are like broken records.

and i don't give two craps if you turn in a sales lead, but I do bet you give a crap if your route gets cut becasue we couldnt generate new volume. is that the sales persons fault? really?? the people on the street are the drivers and if they (YOU) don't give a crap about securing/growing our busienss why even negotiate in good faith?

now today is my birthday and I'm on vacation, so you all have fun out there.

Stop doing something MODREN like TELEMATICS and start serving the customer. All this pointless technology does is run up our cost of doing business. PAS killed the only advantage we had. Consitent, reliable service. Someone thought "New Coke" was a winner too.