Savers

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UrFellowUpser, Jul 29, 2018.

1. UrFellowUpser

UrFellowUpser Active Member

I had a saver that was for a business on this country route i was covering on friday but the problem was that it was next to my last stop. It was no way i was going to get there by 1500 hrs so i messaged the center. They told me we cant have no lates. So i had to break trace at 225pm past by 50 stops to make this commit and then run the route in reverse. I was over by 40 miles that day. All i know is I better hear nothing come monday.

2. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Seems legit to me. Why would you hear anything. I never do. If you do, you say “I had to beak for a saver.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Siveriano

Siveriano Active Member

or you can say "it was medicine" at our center they love sending us back or have us breaking the route to ni1 stops because is "medicine"

4. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Why would you hear something? You broke trace to make Service. End of story. If you get called into the principal it will be because he/she was to lazy to look into why you broke off. I wouldn’t have finished the route in reverse. I would have went right back to where I left off.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

You can break trace 15% of the time to make service according to their own guidelines, you made the commit time like you are supposed to.

6. I always reply, I didn't know Macy's sold medicine....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. UrFellowUpser

UrFellowUpser Active Member

I could've done that but i didnt feel like going pass stops again so i just did it in reverse up to where i broke trace at and finished the route

8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Late air trumps miles. If the car is set up already then deliver the air then go back to where you left off.

9. Siveriano

Siveriano Active Member

some times is one of those big ass mattresses.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Back when I was a cover guy, I routinely did loops in reverse that added miles in order to get a saver off, never heard a thing about it.

11. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Was it a resi? No commit on resi's.

12. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

WAD, DGAF about the rest.

13. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Well-Known Member

Commits are priority. Just the way it is

14. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

This. Business savers are by 1500, residential is by 'end of day' which could be 21:30 at my building. LOL

15. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

???

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Been In Brown Too Long

Been In Brown Too Long Ex-Package Donkey

Why would you hear something? Do the laws of physics not apply at UPS? One cannot break trace to make a commit without adding miles. What's with the calling in to explain either missing a commit, or adding miles or time? You make the commit every time....and add miles and time to your day and dollars to your bank account.

I used that "laws of physics" line many times to managements disgust, and my amusement.

17. CoolStoryBro

CoolStoryBro Active Member

That is standard procedure. I've racked up tens of thousands of miles breaking for NDA or savers.

I've only heard a word about miles once. When I was 70 ish over. I was instructed to deliver all my misloads. Had a lot. For several different towns. I explained the situation. Have never been told to do that again.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  18. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

How did I miss that being red and all?

19. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

Did u cya & took a picture of the diad text?

That'll help your case if they forgot that they said to break trace to make the 1500 hour business commit time

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

I was thinking the exact same thing.