Say goodbye to the day after Thanksgiving as a holiday

Over disciplined0123

AS WE HERE OF HOW THESE COMPANYS LIKE WALMART AND FED EX ARE TAKING CARE OF THIER EMPLOYESS BY RETURNING THE FEDERAL TAX CUT MONEY THESE COMPANIES WERE GIVING BY (Walmart employess each getting 1000) FedEx employess 6% raises and improvement in pensions .. Ups Is wanting to take money away from Us. What a kick in the face to ups employees. And I will bet that the Friday after Thanksgiving will no longer be considered a holiday for Us . I wonder how much money UPS will save by that and then giving us some of the things we want . We deserve more for the way we are treated and the toll our bodies take. It’s ridiculous how a route can increase by 65 stops a day in 4 years . How does that happen .

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
It’s ridiculous how a route can increase by 65 stops a day in 4 years . How does that happen .
It happens because you somehow make it work. My stop count has not increased, but decreased due to good ol Orion and the 9.5 list. Take your lunch in the middle of the day like normal humans do. Anyone at UPS that is willing to be a victim will be taken advantage of.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It happens because you somehow make it work. My stop count has not increased, but decreased due to good ol Orion and the 9.5 list. Take your lunch in the middle of the day like normal humans do. Anyone at UPS that is willing to be a victim will be taken advantage of.
Your last sentence made sense!

Observer

It's sad that the union didn't complain a few years ago when we were forced to work the day after Thanksgiving. It is listed in the master as a day off. Yet Hoffa looks the other way. Maybe this year we all should work the day after and then grieve it. IF they get enough individual grievance about the same thing this nonsense will stop.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
AS WE HERE OF HOW THESE COMPANYS LIKE WALMART AND FED EX ARE TAKING CARE OF THIER EMPLOYESS BY RETURNING THE FEDERAL TAX CUT MONEY THESE COMPANIES WERE GIVING BY (Walmart employess each getting 1000) FedEx employess 6% raises and improvement in pensions .. Ups Is wanting to take money away from Us. What a kick in the face to ups employees. And I will bet that the Friday after Thanksgiving will no longer be considered a holiday for Us . I wonder how much money UPS will save by that and then giving us some of the things we want . We deserve more for the way we are treated and the toll our bodies take. It’s ridiculous how a route can increase by 65 stops a day in 4 years . How does that happen .
Fear not! You’ll get your $1000-$3000 bonus. Unfortunately it will be on July 31st with the condition of “Just vote yes and it’s yours!”

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It's sad that the union didn't complain a few years ago when we were forced to work the day after Thanksgiving. It is listed in the master as a day off. Yet Hoffa looks the other way. Maybe this year we all should work the day after and then grieve it. IF they get enough individual grievance about the same thing this nonsense will stop.
Several of us took off the day after TG. It's a holiday, see you Monday.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Wanna trade with the Walmart dude?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It is listed in the master as a day off.

Not quite.

It's not in the Master.... because Holidays, are listed in the various supplements.

It's sad that the union didn't complain a few years ago when we were forced to work the day after Thanksgiving.

That's the difference, between a complaint and an actual grievance.

Working on an enumerated Holiday.... brings the addition of "premium pay".

Yet Hoffa looks the other way.

No he doesn't.

The language pre-dates his election into office.

The language was there, when Ron Carey was General President.

The company.... didn't have the need to utilize it.

-Bug-

Several of us took off the day after TG. It's a holiday, see you Monday.

I heard the reason, was "anal glaucoma" ?

:biggrin:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No he doesn't.

The language pre-dates his election into office.

The language was there, when Ron Carey was General President.

The company.... didn't have the need to utilize it.
If you're going to tell a story, tell the whole story???

You claim that the "language pre-dates" Hoffa's election, but if you weren't attempting a "slight of hand"....

....wouldn't you also include that it "pre-dates" Ron Carey's election as General President, as well as Article 40 of the National Master???

Didn't this language, in the various supplements, chronologically follow the evolution of the air transport industry as UPS chased FedEx?

I actually have you to thank, from your fragmented history lessons on this site, for my understanding of the how this language evolved and was ultimately perverted for the Company's benefit and the bargaining unit losing one of the 8 "named holidays" as a paid day off.

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If you're going to tell a story, tell the whole story???

You claim that the "language pre-dates" Hoffa's election, but if you weren't attempting a "slight of hand"....

....wouldn't you also include that it "pre-dates" Ron Carey's election as General President, as well as Article 40 of the National Master???

Didn't this language, in the various supplements, chronologically follow the evolution of the air transport industry as UPS chased FedEx?

I actually have you to thank, from your fragmented history lessons on this site, for my understanding of the how this language evolved and was ultimately perverted for the Company's benefit and the bargaining unit losing one of the 8 "named holidays" as a paid day off.

~Bbbl~™

Still.... can't get over the fact, that I'm right.

And, the company can schedule you to work on any Holiday if it falls within your workweek.

Hence the reason, for premium pay.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Still.... can't get over the fact, that I'm right.
Nope, never was of any consequence to me, as I always have and always will volunteer to work for the "premium pay" on these days.

What I can't get over is being repeatly told that I can't read, in the IBT trying to sell us on the notion that this language could actually mean something else:

-A regular seniority employee shall not be required to work the following eight named ho!idays-

And, the company can schedule you to work on any Holiday if it falls within your workweek.
There's a new caveat?...."falls within your work week"?

Hence the reason, for premium pay.
Hence the reason I choose to work it, but some people value long standing family tradition?

The language is definitive, yet is being sloppily reinterpreted to the contradictive contrary.

If it isn't Article 40 that is being referenced as "otherwise provided in this agreement", where is it otherwise provided?

~Bbbl~™

Last edited: