Say I quit in april, what happens to my vacation time that resets in June?

chris45

So I got a job offer and a start date of May 8 from another employer, making almost twice the money+ a 50k sign on bonus. I think after 8 years I may call it quits

Now my question is, what happens to the 3 weeks of vacation time for the next year? Do I just lose it or a pay out or....? I'll probably quit by early April or so

Last edited:

whenIgetthere

So I got a job offer and a start date of May 8 from another employer, making almost twice the money+ a 50k sign on bonus. I think after 8 years I may call it quits, it sucks that I dedicated my 20s (I just turned 30) into this sinking express ship but whatever here we are

Now my question is, what happens to the 3 weeks of vacation time for the next year? Do I just lose it or a pay out or....? I'll probably quit by early April or so
You get any unused vacation time for the current FY and any you have accumulated towards the next FY.

bacha29

Also, someone told me that if I come back to FedEx within a year I keep pay and seniority, is that true?
Good chance the Fedex you would come back to would look a lot different that the one you left.

As for the credibility of anything Fedex management tells you?....."What A Fool Believes".....The Doobie Brothers.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So I got a job offer and a start date of May 8 from another employer, making almost twice the money+ a 50k sign on bonus. I think after 8 years I may call it quits

What kind of job you get

chris45

Good chance the Fedex you would come back to would look a lot different that the one you left.

As for the credibility of anything Fedex management tells you?....."What A Fool Believes".....The Doobie Brothers.
Oh yeah I see and heard to much already, I've been helping out at different stations all over the Midwest for the last year or so lol

chris45

Were you working for a ground contractor or directly for Fedex Express?
Directly FedEx express, starting I wanna say last April they started sending folks to stations that needed help. I was just at one last week that is 6 hrs from my house lol

chris45

What station? Thought everyone was over staffed these days
Des Moines Iowa, they have a ton of hiring events and get some people in the door but..... the payscale is the lowest one and it's one of those poorly run :censored2:shows, so they all leave when they inevitably find something better..which isn't hard because Des Moines is quickly building up there are good jobs everywhere lmao

purplelife

Des Moines Iowa, they have a ton of hiring events and get some people in the door but..... the payscale is the lowest one and it's one of those poorly run :censored2:shows, so they all leave when they inevitably find something better..which isn't hard because Des Moines is quickly building up there are good jobs everywhere lmao
They have always had horrible management there.