Scabs

gixxer squid

image.jpeg

I wonder if our terminal scabs had to go through rigorous background checks and verification. Personal cars in the terminal, boxes shoved in anything that moves and has 4 wheels. 10 bucks a stop. Nice to know X has the money to pay out when they want. I will go out and do 100 stops for 10 a stop but were we even given the opportunity? Heck no. Didn't even know till these random personal vehicles started showing up. What a crock of s&&it X is.....

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
View attachment 62200

I wonder if our terminal scabs had to go through rigorous background checks and verification. Personal cars in the terminal, boxes shoved in anything that moves and has 4 wheels. 10 bucks a stop. Nice to know X has the money to pay out when they want. I will go out and do 100 stops for 10 a stop but were we even given the opportunity? Heck no. Didn't even know till these random personal vehicles started showing up. What a crock of s&&it X is.....
Wait WUT!!!!! They are paying $10 per stop?

gixxer squid

I hate scabs.

Not being devils advocate but if I was the consumer and I didn't receive my package I was tracking and anticipating I would be a bit disgruntled too :(

I was supposed to receive a package today from UPS and 10:22 pm and nothing and needed for work tomorrow. Disappointed but I understand...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Must be nice on the west coast to do that... saw the CA plate

I'll become a scab in a heartbeat, but don't blame the playa, blame the corp for dropping the temp agencies to hire seasonal help.

Its a good thing we have such warm weather ... im tolerating staying out until 2100 to 2200 lately.

Late freight yet again for 3 straight days so im going in at 8am

gixxer squid

I'll become a scab in a heartbeat, but don't blame the playa, blame the corp for dropping the temp agencies to hire seasonal help.

Its a good thing we have such warm weather ... im tolerating staying out until 2100 to 2200 lately.

Totally agree. I don't hate on them. They are doing their temp job. It's just that I am certain they dont have to go through the rigors of what we do to get someone approved nor do they pay us that kind of money to deliver. If they did, maybe we would have extra guys on staff to cover shifts.

bacha29

Four years ago we received a very strict warning from FXG not to use our personal vehicles to deliver boxes. A guy took a box with him to deliver on his way home because the place was near his home. He was involved in a wreck. As for those guys in those cars delivering ...... more hyprocrisy and double standards and by the way where are their ICC and PUC numbers ? Whose authority are they hauling under? If they get in a wreck rest assured X would bear no liability whatsoever. Would be all on those guys in the private vehicles. As for the Hamilton's X is paying per stop. Money losing for X and you know that when it comes time to"negoiate" a new contract X will use this matter to try to get an even more unbalanced agreement. What is truly amazing is that company's flagrant disregard for the law. They truly do believe the law doesn't apply to them.

Bounty

View attachment 62200

That's got to hurt, when you think x can't go lower they find a way!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

10 am for us today. The satellite guys will be out til 2am if they are heavy.

Bounty

View attachment 62200

Think they are getting 1099s?

bacha29

No doubt about it Bounty. Thery're Gubers. Uber guys hauling for Ground. And will they pay the taxes owed? No way.. They will simply disappear into the underground economy. Someday when Congress wakes up to the realization that these guys are gameing the system at the expense of honest taxpayers they may finally have to act.

STFXG

Why don't the contractors with those areas go ahead and tell x they can't take their volume? Temps only take volume that the contractor allows them to. Maybe you should be calling your fellow contractors "scabs" for allowing x to take it.

MAKAVELI

Totally agree. I don't hate on them. They are doing their temp job. It's just that I am certain they dont have to go through the rigors of what we do to get someone approved nor do they pay us that kind of money to deliver. If they did, maybe we would have extra guys on staff to cover shifts.
Now you ground guys know how mid range employees at Express feel. New hires making a buck less than a 10 year employee and that 10 year vet making $7 less than a topped out courier. Welcome to Fredex.

Bounty

Why don't the contractors with those areas go ahead and tell x they can't take their volume? Temps only take volume that the contractor allows them to. Maybe you should be calling your fellow contractors "scabs" for allowing x to take it.
X does what it wants, who you kidding. If these"scabs" can do the job for less than the contractors in the future be careful, this might get real ugly!!