Scanner laser eye damage?

nystripe96

From time to time, accidentally mind you, I'd run the scanner past my eye, or somebody else's scanner will catch me really quickly. Does anyone know if this can cause serious eye damage down the road. It's happened to me quite a few times already since I started working as a loader a few months ago.

killamjl

In the same way looking at the sun will damage your eyes.

In other words if you glance at it theres no problem. If you stare at it for long periods of time, yes that would lead to blindness

Cementups

Box Monkey
I actually saved myself a few thousand dollars by repeatedly pointing the scanner at my eye. I had planned on LASIK surgery but the UPS lasers seemed to have done the trick. THANKS UPS!!

UPSGUY72

From time to time, accidentally mind you, I'd run the scanner past my eye, or somebody else's scanner will catch me really quickly. Does anyone know if this can cause serious eye damage down the road. It's happened to me quite a few times already since I started working as a loader a few months ago.

You accidentally run the scanner past your eyes??? Just to be on the safe side I advise you not to pick up a gun or anything that is sharp

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The grand Poobaa of the Myan Indians works with me an article 22-3 guy if he paints himself blue and comes to work will let you know we are friend---ed and the end is near

nystripe96

It's not like I'll intentionally put the laser into my friggin eye. The scanner straps can easily get loose, and the scanner will wobble around. Just lifting a box and breaking a jam it can happen.

Indecisi0n

cyclops.jpg
cyclops.jpg