Scanner Question

Concretion

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem that my supervisor won't help me with. They will just tell me the scanner is broke.
How do you associate a hand held smart scanner? This type of scanner is new to me. I only have to use them once in awhile. The scanners are used for bagging packages on the air belt. Any advice?

_Mayday_

Yes Really
I think he means associate the blue tooth. I can't recall the name of the buttons I'm so used to just hitting them. I want to say hold down shift and hit P1.

MattE

I think he means associate the blue tooth. I can't recall the name of the buttons I'm so used to just hitting them. I want to say hold down shift and hit P1.

I've never held them down. But I put the battery in the scanner, quickly hit shift then P1. The unit will ask you to press the reset button. It's on the side of the scanner. Then within a couple of seconds it will normally associate.

However ours are getting flakey about associating. If there's a manual or any other tips or suggestions I'm all ears.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Concretion

I've never held them down. But I put the battery in the scanner, quickly hit shift then P1. The unit will ask you to press the reset button. It's on the side of the scanner. Then within a couple of seconds it will normally associate.

However ours are getting flakey about associating. If there's a manual or any other tips or suggestions I'm all ears.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Thanks for the help! MattE

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Some times if it doesn't associate you need to reboot the scanner . Have the pt sup help that is what he gets paid for.Our scanners are beat to s--t and sometimes it is diffacult to get a good one if you do not arrive early. I work off site sometimes and they send five scanners and I can only get maybe 2 to work after rebooting and trying numerous things.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

If you still can't get them to associate after the shift P1 you may have to force associate it. I can't remember exactly how, but I know a guy that does on my shift, the IT guy showed him. I'll find out when I see him.

Sent using BrownCafe App

To force association you start at the main menu and then hit F3, F3, then F4. You will then see a bar-code. Then take the imager and scan the bar-code. Once it associates hit F5 then escape until you are back at the main menu to login.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I remember using these.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1394846528.604496.jpg

Sent using Two Tin Cans Connected with String

MattE

To force association you start at the main menu and then hit F3, F3, then F4. You will then see a bar-code. Then take the imager and scan the bar-code. Once it associates hit F5 then escape until you are back at the main menu to login.

I will try this the next time I have issues. Thanks.

Sent using BrownCafe App