Scanning pick ups

BigBrownboxx

What’s the deal with not being able to scan pick ups besides “walk up, drop boxes, and a select few customers like chase bank and t mobile?? I’ve always done this on accounts with out an end of day

Est.1998

What’s the deal with not being able to scan pick ups besides “walk up, drop boxes, and a select few customers like chase bank and t mobile?? I’ve always done this on accounts with out an end of day
I don’t understand how you’re unable to scan pkgs after you’ve opened the pickup. I open the stop and am able to scan each pkg or just input the number of pkgs i received.

bumped

We weren't suppose to scan except for what you listed for over a decade. I don't even scan on demands.

Pullman Brown

The ability to scan them is still available.The companies past practice is for you to just enter the total amount. It saves time. My guess is those businesses mentioned must have agreements with United Parcel.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
In the past they told us to enter the total number. I haven’t heard anything about it in years but I don’t have a lot of pickups.
Interesting. I've never been instructed to do anything other than scan every package picked up...on your board or as a walk up.
My route has 15 pickups, half with end of days, have without.

textat3

Scanning our pieces is something bonus babies have done for years to pad their day. It use to add time to your day, but that hasn’t been the case for years. We have been told that the days of bonus are over beginning 4/3. Supposedly in the next contract their is going to be language that prohibits bonus in centers with drivers load off and with drivers taking code 05.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Going to walk up pick up is a joke. Can you please add a few more keystrokes to it....
Never realized this was even in question. Was instructed if you pick up a package, commercial, customer on the street,etc you enter it as a walk up pick. That counts as the origination scan. Just working as directed. Shrug

Pullman Brown

Scanning our pieces is something bonus babies have done for years to pad their day. It use to add time to your day, but that hasn’t been the case for years. We have been told that the days of bonus are over beginning 4/3. Supposedly in the next contract their is going to be language that prohibits bonus in centers with drivers load off and with drivers taking code 05.

Scanning the packages lowers your bonus because it takes more time. Putting in the number increases your bonus.