Scanning the truck

TSup

Perhaps UPS should set up DECAP(not sure if it's the correct term, where you manually type in the address in the "package" program) at the origin hubs, it's gotta be done somewhere and the more consolidated it is the more efficient it would be, also the centers would have much more accurate info on their day long before the unload finishes.

PS "HD maintenance" is a large UPS shipper and their packages almost never have the address info linked, they have to be entered by hand. Why don't they have an end of day report?

PPS I was told the dartboard method was just for doing splits, it is the whole dispatch now?
:happy-very:

Now, now, I said when 100's of loads get delayed like they did a few weeks ago at CACH it's like a dartboard.

Also when we are only talking 3-7% of packages it is far from cost effective to manually enter each address at origin, basically not physically possible anyway.

Finally, your management team should followup when they come across shippers who do not upload. I email IE for any large shippers that arrive and their data isn't uploaded. I send sample tracking numbers, and get IE to followup. I actually had a very large company that ships out thousands and thousands of packages each day email me back and thank me, because they were unaware of the problem on their end.

PAS is like many other things in life, if you put forth the effort, it will pay off

rocket man

what is the sense of this post? You guys cry do your job scan all packages thats true ! But some times a package is taken off in a add cut ect. There are many reasons why a package goes south who gets blamed? THE DRIVER I put my last input because managent wants you to take the blame.it was not a way to get out of missing a scan its a contract binding way of covering your self.And these days you have to protect your self.