Scheduled for my 2nd interview....

WCBD4U

Hello! I went to the tour interview last Wednesday, I was the only one there so the HR lady went through all the same things that I've read on here.. She called me back on Friday to schedule me for my 2nd interview for Monday. My question is....
Why has my application position been changed from driving position to Loader/Unloader PM???

I went to the ups.jobs website and on my application it has been changed to "Loader/Unloader PM" at my tour interview she had told me that I was interviewing for the "Cover driver" position that they were hiring for. Can anyone tell me why this was changed?? I will also ask the Manager when I go Monday morning for my interview. I was also asked to complete the online hiring forms on the ups.jobs website, which involved the basic hiring paperwork as well as the W4, and direct deposit information. I completed all of that and my online application is actually showing complete and active again.

WCBD4U

Haha! Thanks!! Seems to be the way it goes from the hundreds of posts I've read in the past week or so. thanks for responding. I thought that having drove a school bus and being a certified PENN DOT school bus instructor would have helped. Haha!! Guess not. Delivering packages/delivering children..I guess there are two differences....the packages are silent, but the children unload themselves.....

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Haha! Thanks!! Seems to be the way it goes from the hundreds of posts I've read in the past week or so. thanks for responding. I thought that having drove a school bus and being a certified PENN DOT school bus instructor would have helped. Haha!! Guess not. Delivering packages/delivering children..I guess there are two differences....the packages are silent, but the children unload themselves.....

Here's some advice

Keep that happy go lucky attitude
Your gonna need it

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
There is some gender discrimination at ups. There are exactly 0 full time women package drivers in my building. But they love minorities in management.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
We've always had women drivers and feeder here. But for sure they're in the minority. Like 5%. Ups makes Google look pretty pro feminist.

WCBD4U

Maybe I'll be one of the few, I sure hope so, because at my tour interview the HR woman described the position I was interviewing for was a cover driver and told me they'd send me out of town training for 5 days, beginning Sept 10?? Unless that's normal protocol for loaders too??

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
It's entirely possible. All new drivers attend some kind of training. Right now, the turnover rate for pt'ers is very high. Many figure they can make money easier elsewhere. The fact they're giving you two stories begs the question what the real story will be. You'll know soon.

WCBD4U

It's entirely possible. All new drivers attend some kind of training. Right now, the turnover rate for pt'ers is very high. Many figure they can make money easier elsewhere. The fact they're giving you two stories begs the question what the real story will be. You'll know soon.
Yeah, I'll definitely know more after my interview tomorrow. Maybe the DMV report from my younger years freaked them out! Hahaha! But my last speeding ticket was many many years ago, and I haven't had any accidents. I've been VERY careful since getting my CDL license 11 years ago.

WCBD4U

Getting ready for my interview....wish me luck as to figuring out why my application was changed from driver to unloader.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the reason there are not more women drivers is because they can't hack it.

you'll probably start at the bottom as it should be and a greater majority of women can not hack the hard work in the building as men can and quit.

i really have not seen gender bias at UPS. it's just "survival of the fittest"

WCBD4U

you'll probably start at the bottom as it should be and a greater majority of women can not hack the hard work in the building as men can and quit.

i really have not seen gender bias at UPS. it's just "survival of the fittest"
That completely makes sense.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

Sounds like sexism to me.

In my terminal, there's more than a handful of teh womens that probably runs circles around me...

But if u have a CDL, why not aim higher than being a package car delivery driver???

Be forewarned, thy may just use u for peak season only, since they still have to remain with that 6:1 ratio of inside hires vs off da street drivers, no matter how much experience u previously had.

Exception s depending on location, of course. As in some terminals, the pt warehouse workers don't want to become a driver.

WCBD4U

Ok, the manager at my interview explained to me that I'd be a cover driver, and also work as a loader from 4:30/5:00PM till 9/10PM. They were definitely impressed with the fact that I was a past PennDOT certified school bus instructor, being that safety is a big concern for any driving company. (Not that I even for a second think they hired me for that reason at all) I completely get it after reading A LOT of the posts on this message board regarding UPS needing bodies.
Having said that, I was offered the position, I am to go for the 2 hour orientation on August 22 @ 4PM, schedule my DOT physical, and scheduled to attend the week long training the second week of Sept.