Scheduled Pick Up Times and Getting There Early

churn n’ burn

For those of you who have pick ups, do you get to them at same time everyday? Are you able to hit them early?

On some routes I can hit all pickups early. Others, I get :censored2: from maybe 2 of 20 customers for getting there too early. For instance, today I was ahead, I already sat for lunch. I arrived at a pickup at 15:10. Their scheduled time is 15:55, so most days I am there at 15:40 on the dot if not a few mins sooner. Sat on the dock for ten mins until customer tells me I'm early bosses might get mad yada yada...

The proper window for a scheduled pickup is to arrive 15 mins before or after the pickup time if I am correct. Is this a contractual rule? I'd rather not have to talk to a SUP. This route has changed a lot in last two years after the previous bid driver retired. There is not enough work (for now) and too much time between pickups. Am I supposed to sit and wait for 30 mins until it is 15 mins before his "pickup window" because he might have one more box? Fine if so but curious to hear what others do.

Nah
For those of you who have pick ups, do you get to them at same time everyday? Are you able to hit them early?

On some routes I can hit all pickups early. Others, I get :censored2: from maybe 2 of 20 customers for getting there too early. For instance, today I was ahead, I already sat for lunch. I arrived at a pickup at 15:10. Their scheduled time is 15:55, so most days I am there at 15:40 on the dot if not a few mins sooner. Sat on the dock for ten mins until customer tells me I'm early bosses might get mad yada yada...

The proper window for a scheduled pickup is to arrive 15 mins before or after the pickup time if I am correct. Is this a contractual rule? I'd rather not have to talk to a SUP. This route has changed a lot in last two years after the previous bid driver retired. There is not enough work (for now) and too much time between pickups. Am I supposed to sit and wait for 30 mins until it is 15 mins before his "pickup window" because he might have one more box? Fine if so but curious to hear what others do.

Yep. If they'll let you pick up early, go for it. If they insist on their pickup window, you'll have to wait. If there's not enough work on your route, just enjoy the downtime now while it lasts. They'll find a way to keep you busy soon enough.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

just dump it on the guy next to you

RTCD

Look at the route every day and note a few stops at like 11am, 1pm and 3pm. Then pace yourself to hit those times and be on pace to be at your pickups just a few mins early.

I’m not saying slow down per say, just be safe and efficient and use the methods. You get paid by the hour so plan your day better. If you don’t a dispatcher will just squeeze more work into the route for you.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Yeah on a short day where everybody is light and you’re trying to get it done and get home, pickups can be annoying I guess
But right now?? When we’re all out until 9-10 o’clock??? Pickups are the easiest money you’ll make all day. Milk those friend’ers. Give them 110% customer service.