scheduling

Purplepackage

One of my friends from my old station has been telling me a new management scheduling technique.

Febuary is always light on freight and vacations, so now they started scheduling full time swings to come in at 3pm to run a pup route.

Only scheduled for 20 hours on the schedule, is this even allowed if you're "full time"?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
One of my friends from my old station has been telling me a new management scheduling technique.

Febuary is always light on freight and vacations, so now they started scheduling full time swings to come in at 3pm to run a pup route.

Only scheduled for 20 hours on the schedule, is this even allowed if you're "full time"?
Not even with Valentine's gifts? Pretty busy at our station at that time.

Anyway looks like a SM is really trying his best to look good on a report.

Purplepackage

Not even with Valentine's gifts? Pretty busy at our station at that time.

Anyway looks like a SM is really trying his best to look good on a report.

We might be busy a couple days before Valentine's Day but that's about it. Funny at that station buisness drastically drops off from the end of January until sometime in March.

At my new station it seems like the volume never drops off its always super busy

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Yes.

The swings can either use up some PTO (if applicable) or STFU, work the 20 hours, and get paid for 35. I would happily choose the latter.

!Retired!

Do the PM's only and take the 15 free hours. BUT, if the night manager asks to stay for the reload, they either stay or the minimums get waived.

McFeely

Huge Member
In my station with the light freight, a lot of our swings are doing the morning sort then being sent home. About half of them go on a 5-hour break and then do a PUP route and the evening sort.

Working 20 hours a week and getting paid 35 is wonderful, sure, but that split shift sounds awful to me. I'd rather just keep working the entire time I'm stuck in a crappy van in my uniform in a town where I have nothing to do.

Funny thing here is that we just had another newish-hire swing quit. Right now we're covered with enough staff, but not as soon as people start taking Spring break vacations, etc. OT for everybody!

Purplepackage

Do the PM's only and take the 15 free hours. BUT, if the night manager asks to stay for the reload, they either stay or the minimums get waived.

It's hard to believe but I've never had my minimums waived. A few times I've even let someone else cover a night route so I didn't have to work a split and still got paid my 35 hours

Purplepackage

In my station with the light freight, a lot of our swings are doing the morning sort then being sent home. About half of them go on a 5-hour break and then do a PUP route and the evening sort.

Working 20 hours a week and getting paid 35 is wonderful, sure, but that split shift sounds awful to me. I'd rather just keep working the entire time I'm stuck in a crappy van in my uniform in a town where I have nothing to do.

Funny thing here is that we just had another newish-hire swing quit. Right now we're covered with enough staff, but not as soon as people start taking Spring break vacations, etc. OT for everybody!

I would rather work 3 hours and go home than work 3 hours, take a 5 hour break and then work 3 more hours

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What managers are doing at my station is making all the PM routes start an hour or so later. Then the couriers will pick up packages at regulars or oncalls that are ready, but aren't allowed to scan anything until 1500. I'm betting because most PM couriers are new/newer, they're running their butts off to make close times. Thus, increasing productivity.

Purplepackage

What managers are doing at my station is making all the PM routes start an hour or so later. Then the couriers will pick up packages at regulars or oncalls that are ready, but aren't allowed to scan anything until 1500. I'm betting because most PM couriers are new/newer, they're running their butts off to make close times. Thus, increasing productivity.

They were doing this at my old station before i left, they can start the pm guys as late as they want. When i ever i had to do a day route and a night route i would just take an hour break and start the pups as early as i wanted lol

whenIgetthere

Those splits aren't bad as long as you live close to the station. We used to have a guy on splits, lived 50 miles from the station. I would come in to the café, and he'd be sleeping on the couch there for four or five hours everyday. Not much of a life.

Purplepackage

Those splits aren't bad as long as you live close to the station. We used to have a guy on splits, lived 50 miles from the station. I would come in to the café, and he'd be sleeping on the couch there for four or five hours everyday. Not much of a life.

A split every once in awhile isn't bad, but you seriously wants to punch in at 6:45 and not punch out until 7pm but only get paid for 6 hours. Even if you live close it just ruins the whole day

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I know this is off topic but didn't want to start a new thread. PLEASE make sure that your emergency contact info is current in the fedex system, or even better, if your manager has your cell phone number, have him/her put your emergency contact under your name in his address book.

Today, my station had a courier have a massive heart attack while delivering a bulk. He died in his truck. It took awhile to notify his family because his contact info was outdated. Finally someone got ahold of a relative on Facebook. Please don't let that happen to your family. Just sayin.

It will be fine

I know this is off topic but didn't want to start a new thread. PLEASE make sure that your emergency contact info is current in the fedex system, or even better, if your manager has your cell phone number, have him/her put your emergency contact under your name in his address book.

Today, my station had a courier have a massive heart attack while delivering a bulk. He died in his truck. It took awhile to notify his family because his contact info was outdated. Finally someone got ahold of a relative on Facebook. Please don't let that happen to your family. Just sayin.
We had an issue recently where it would have been much better if I had emergency contact info handy. It was a bit scary. I had my managers go around and add it to every driver's contact in their phones. There's not always time to go digging through paperwork to find it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We had an issue recently where it would have been much better if I had emergency contact info handy. It was a bit scary. I had my managers go around and add it to every driver's contact in their phones. There's not always time to go digging through paperwork to find it.
I'm hoping managers will start keeping that info in their phones. It's so much more convenient than looking it up in the system.

McFeely

Huge Member
We also had a local driver pass away on road in the last couple of weeks in our district. My manager didn't even have emergency contact info on me at all and I've been in the system for a few years now.