School schedule

xwtfmatex

Okay so I have a two full days of school on monday and wednesday, (9am - 10pm) my old FT supervisor cleared me to take those days off but my new FT supervisor does not. I am a PT worker, pickoff/loader.

Another issue I have is that I asked for a day off by using my option day TWO WEEKS in advance but the FT supervisors have not replied with a definite answer yet. Obviously they are unhappy with the days off and I know I shouldn't be allowed to have it. However, I have cleared it with my old FT supervisor who agreed to it on the condition that my schedule would return to a 5 day work schedule after my semester ends.

Also, where can I get a copy of the contract that has the provisions detailing this matter or anything similar?

xwtfmatex

I have asked a union steward pertaining the option day, the FT supervisor is new, about a week in. His reasons for the delays is that he is just getting all the updates on scheduling and stuff.

If you mean talking to the union steward for obtaining the contract, I have not spoke with one yet. Is there somewhere online as to where I can view the contract? I would like to get the contract on my computer and highlight what I deem important. I appreciate the reply greengrenades.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
images

WESLA

It is what it is
Okay so I have a two full days of school on monday and wednesday, (9am - 10pm) my old FT supervisor cleared me to take those days off but my new FT supervisor does not. I am a PT worker, pickoff/loader.

Another issue I have is that I asked for a day off by using my option day TWO WEEKS in advance but the FT supervisors have not replied with a definite answer yet. Obviously they are unhappy with the days off and I know I shouldn't be allowed to have it. However, I have cleared it with my old FT supervisor who agreed to it on the condition that my schedule would return to a 5 day work schedule after my semester ends.

Also, where can I get a copy of the contract that has the provisions detailing this matter or anything similar?
Ups wants you to get an education. It helps them to look like a good employer, and good in the public eye. Ask your culture sup that you would like to talk to someone higher up.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

So your sup allegedly agreed to allow you to take every Mon and Wed off for the duration of the semester?? Riiiiight. I'll go in tomorrow and tell my center manager I need every Friday off till Labor day.
Going to school doesn't make you special.

xwtfmatex

So your sup allegedly agreed to allow you to take every Mon and Wed off for the duration of the semester?? Riiiiight. I'll go in tomorrow and tell my center manager I need every Friday off till Labor day.
Going to school doesn't make you special.
Yes in fact he did, I do not know why you reply in a dishelpful manner as I was just asking for advice. I did not state that I am special or anything in that fashion. I have already stated my old FT supervisor agreed to it but my new FT supervisor is not happy about it. Your attitude is very unwelcoming and I hope you can give better advice instead of negatively responding to anyone in the future for advice. I appreciate your interest in this matter. It gives me insights onto how this company really changes people's outlook towards others.

xwtfmatex

Oh and another thing, I did not simply tell him that I needed those days off. We negotiated on this matter. If you need more details, I would be pleased as to provide more information.

xwtfmatex

Okay so I read the master contract but cannot access the local contract. Also, when does the random drug test occur and who is subjected to those tests?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Oh and another thing, I did not simply tell him that I needed those days off. We negotiated on this matter. If you need more details, I would be pleased as to provide more information.
Lol we'll see how well your coworkers react assuming your "side deal" is approved.
Is "dishelpful" even a word?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have asked a union steward pertaining the option day, the FT supervisor is new, about a week in. His reasons for the delays is that he is just getting all the updates on scheduling and stuff.

If you mean talking to the union steward for obtaining the contract, I have not spoke with one yet. Is there somewhere online as to where I can view the contract? I would like to get the contract on my computer and highlight what I deem important. I appreciate the reply greengrenades.
Exactly where in the contract does it state that employees can tailor a workweek schedule to suit their needs?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Okay so I read the master contract but cannot access the local contract. Also, when does the random drug test occur and who is subjected to those tests?

If you are bright enough to find the NMA on the TDU site, you should be bright enough to find the supplements and riders. Do you even know your local, region or joint council?

It sounds to me as though your new supe is following the letter of the contract, whereas your old supe had no problems breaking it (probably to his own benefit). Sucks to be you.

Oh yeah, if you are worried about drug tests, maybe you should look for a new job. Maybe in law.

xwtfmatex

Lol we'll see how well your coworkers react assuming your "side deal" is approved.
Is "dishelpful" even a word?
Their reaction is somewhat shocked. I do not know if dishelpful is a word but I assumed it can be one because the prefix of the word means to sway away, kind of like going in the opposite direction andthe suffix means to be fill of capictiy. It could be my error to use two opposites in the prefix and suffix to portray in a full negative manner. I appreciate your attentiveness in my choice of words instead of the entire meaning. This makes me feel like taking an English course...!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Their reaction is somewhat shocked. I do not know if dishelpful is a word but I assumed it can be one because the prefix of the word means to sway away, kind of like going in the opposite direction andthe suffix means to be fill of capictiy. It could be my error to use two opposites in the prefix and suffix to portray in a full negative manner. I appreciate your attentiveness in my choice of words instead of the entire meaning. This makes me feel like taking an English course...!
Shocked?? I'd be stoked as your co-worker...I could bang in every Monday till May without fear of discipline!!

xwtfmatex

If you are bright enough to find the NMA on the TDU site, you should be bright enough to find the supplements and riders. Do you even know your local, region or joint council?

It sounds to me as though your new supe is following the letter of the contract, whereas your old supe had no problems breaking it (probably to his own benefit). Sucks to be you.

Oh yeah, if you are worried about drug tests, maybe you should look for a new job. Maybe in law.
The problem in getting the local contract, it does not work because my security denies access to the external link due to an insecure website. I will try again on my desktop.

Okay so that puts me in a bad position because this basically means I will be fired eventually.

I am not worried about a drug testing nor did I show any signs of concern to the drug test. I was merely asking on the procedure and when they will give those drug tests. Are the testing given annually, semiannually or not at all? I am concerned about this because my hub has never conducted any sort of testing since the day I was hires until today.