School uniforms?

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Many will suggest the notion of school uniforms is lame. I have to disagree. IMO having students wear the same uniform removes a ton of social problems. Outwardly kids may say poo poo but I am confident that, inside, they would LOVE the fact that there is no "competition" about clothing, who wears the high $ clothes, who shows the maximum allowed skin and on and on.
Call it, "old fashioned" but IMO old fashioned is a great thing. New fashioned is warped and full of MANY problems

rickyb

Many will suggest the notion of school uniforms is lame. I have to disagree. IMO having students wear the same uniform removes a ton of social problems. Outwardly kids may say poo poo but I am confident that, inside, they would LOVE the fact that there is no "competition" about clothing, who wears the high $ clothes, who shows the maximum allowed skin and on and on.
Call it, "old fashioned" but IMO old fashioned is a great thing. New fashioned is warped and full of MANY problems
Sounds like jail and conformity

School is a good place to learn to dress cool and have sex

Screenshot_20220604-094115_Firefox.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Public schools were begun to keep the children out of the workplace.
With the current shortages of workers maybe it's time to rethink this approach.
One method would be to transform under performing schools in depressed regions into trade schools.

BlackFriday

Sounds like jail and conformity

School is a good place to learn to dress cool and have sex

View attachment 386820

One thing I've learned from your posts is that you love to point out potential problems yet NEVER offer potential solutions. Your productivity is - 0. This is about the Cantnadian mean average. Seems like the entire country is made up of people that wish to explore how long they can coast.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
One thing I've learned from your posts is that you love to point out potential problems yet NEVER offer potential solutions. Your productivity is - 0. This is about the Cantnadian mean average. Seems like the entire country is made up of people that wish to explore how long they can coast.
and now you know why so many have him/her/it on ignore

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My daughter wore uniforms in elementary school in Florida. It was fantastic! I’m all for it. It keeps the pressure off low income children to have to try to keep up with the wealthier children. It allows all the children to concentrate on learning and just being children.

BlackFriday

My daughter wore uniforms in elementary school in Florida. It was fantastic! I’m all for it. It keeps the pressure off low income children to have to try to keep up with the wealthier children. It allows all the children to concentrate on learning and just being children.

Very well said and great point about the lower income kids. Uniforms would be available in thrift stores and handed down with no shopping or style pressure.
I bet parents would have the biggest issue with uniforms.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Very well said and great point about the lower income kids. Uniforms would be available in thrift stores and handed down with no shopping or style pressure.
I bet parents would have the biggest issue with uniforms.
It also cuts down on bullying of children who might not wear the “right” things.

rickyb

Wat are my solutions regarding ukraine? Wat r my solutions regarding capitalism?

U have a peculiar case of tunnel vision like ur peers