Scientists suck!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I can't believe that with all the brilliant scientific minds in the world, not a one of them can figure out where this bus-sized piece of junk from space is going to hit. They shoud be able to say France, Germany or Ohio or how about Franklin Lakes New Jersey? I'm totally not impressed with science!!

klein

Für Meno :)
Watch CBC news, they explained it very well, why they can't tell where it'll land.

However we will be getting 1 hr notice before it hits the earth surface and maybe at that time an apprx landing spot.

bbsam

Staff member
I can't believe that with all the brilliant scientific minds in the world, not a one of them can figure out where this bus-sized piece of junk from space is going to hit. They shoud be able to say France, Germany or Ohio or how about Franklin Lakes New Jersey? I'm totally not impressed with science!!
Consider the math it takes to plot the course of warheads on ICBM's carefully targeted at military sites. Those warheads have their paths carefully plotted. Now consider a satellite that was never supposed to crash and is expected to break up in several pieces upon reentry. Given the speed and uncertainty of re-entry angle(s) the calculations become impossible to discern.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

While this is no surprise to hear you dont understand an issue, you at least have to understand that the "AIR" isnt just something we breathe. We have an atmosphere, and that isnt as easy to penetrate as you walking towards your tv to change the channel to foxed spews.

The satellite is losing its orbit and calculations are ranging from friday to saturday. The reality is, they cant predict the trajectory until it enters our atmosphere and starts to burn up. At that point MORELUCK, the SCIENTISTS will be able to forecast a general area where debris will land.

I am glad you pointed out that you dont understand science, thats speaks volumes.

Peace.

While this is no surprise to hear you dont understand an issue, you at least have to understand that the "AIR" isnt just something we breathe. We have an atmosphere, and that isnt as easy to penetrate as you walking towards your tv to change the channel to foxed spews.

The satellite is losing its orbit and calculations are ranging from friday to saturday. The reality is, they cant predict the trajectory until it enters our atmosphere and starts to burn up. At that point MORELUCK, the SCIENTISTS will be able to forecast a general area where debris will land.

I am glad you pointed out that you dont understand science, thats speaks volumes.

Peace.

Oh and that comes as no surprise either.
You could have explained that without all the caustic drivel. The fact you didn't speaks volumes about you.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Oh and that comes as no surprise either.
You could have explained that without all the caustic drivel. The fact you didn't speaks volumes about you.

Why dont you spend your time addressing the other post where I asked for your outline. I am sure science isnt your game either.

Peace.

Why dont you spend your time addressing the other post where I asked for your outline. I am sure science isnt your game either.

Peace.

What outline did you ask me for?

Hey, Bud...I've asked you several questions in the past, as have other people, that you refuse to answer. Calling anyone else out for not answering your questions is a bit hypocritical, don't you think?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What outline did you ask me for?

Hey, Bud...I've asked you several questions in the past, as have other people, that you refuse to answer. Calling anyone else out for not answering your questions is a bit hypocritical, don't you think?

No I dont. But then again, I didnt expect you to. I said that in the other post.

peace.

Peace.
Actually it`s even easier to penetrate at higher altitudes. The problem comes when the atmosphere is entered at greater and greater speeds. Friction between the entering vehicle and the atoms flowing around it create heat to the point of plasma at the speed the satellite will be coming in. Also since this satellite wasn`t designed for reentry the heat cause the structure to fail ultimately creating a tumbling effect until the satellite eventually breaks apart with the smaller pieces burn up and a few of the larger,exotic material, pieces actually survive entry.
IF you could control your speed to a slow enough level you could drop from space to the surface as easily as you drop insults.

moreluck

golden ticket member
They know exactly where capsules will land and space ships will land.......screw 'em, as far as I'm concerned, they know nothing that's of any value to me.

They know the temp. of the sun.............. BFD!!

moreluck

golden ticket member

Peace.
What scientific credentials do you hold? Are we suppose to call you Dr. Ape???? Actually, that would be drape.....and nobody takes you seriously anymore......'cept maybe Klein. Your overblown ranting has been a major turn off.

PEAS

Lue C Fur

Evil member
What scientific credentials do you hold? Are we suppose to call you Dr. Ape???? Actually, that would be drape.....and nobody takes you seriously anymore......'cept maybe Klein. Your overblown ranting has been a major turn off.

PEAS

Give TOS a break...the Messiah is taking a major beating and people are still laughing about the 9/11 truther thread. It has TOS on edge. :wink2:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Just remember that no matter where it lands, it's still USA property and all recoverable materials still belong to NASA.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

PEAS

Ah moreluck, you shouldnt lie. I am sure you get a little more than excited to see one of my posts. I am sure they haunt you at times, and thats cool. As for those "like minded" fox drones you call friends on this board, Well, I dont waste a moment of my time seeking their approval.

I give better than you all can take. I havent "cried" once to the head honcho over any of the posts written towards me. I can take it, but Im better at dishing it out. You all think this is your playground, but the reality is, its mine, and you are my toys.

Peace.

Ah moreluck, you shouldnt lie. I am sure you get a little more than excited to see one of my posts. I am sure they haunt you at times, and thats cool. As for those "like minded" fox drones you call friends on this board, Well, I dont waste a moment of my time seeking their approval.

I give better than you all can take. I havent "cried" once to the head honcho over any of the posts written towards me. I can take it, but Im better at dishing it out. You all think this is your playground, but the reality is, its mine, and you are my toys.

Peace.

ahhh, ain't he cute....We all know where your toy is, that's why so many of your posts appear to be typed with one hand.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Oh, I hear there will be fireworks as the object burns up on its way down.

Anyone who sees that, can turn to their children and say , look that exactly what happened to bhos' stimulus money and jobs plan to grow the economy.