Scott Walker: Tool

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I hear Scotty pushed through Right To Work in Wisconsin, a great victory for both him and his backers, the Koch-suckers. RTW simply means that workers don't have to pay union dues. Sounds great, eh? But the end result is dead unions.

I love all of the GOP UPS workers who applaud this sort of garbage, and then reap the benefits of being a Teamster.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I hear Scotty pushed through Right To Work in Wisconsin, a great victory for both him and his backers, the Koch-suckers. RTW simply means that workers don't have to pay union dues. Sounds great, eh? But the end result is dead unions.

I love all of the GOP UPS workers who applaud this sort of garbage, and then reap the benefits of being a Teamster.
Sad day indeed.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

What local are you out of?

Oh that's right when you were given a choice whether or not to join a union and work for UPS or join a non union company and work at Purple you chose purple.

How much of a hypocrite must you be not let others have the same choice you had.

Packmule

We reap the reward of having a union that we control rather than one that controls us, lies to us (1997) and generally abuses us to take care of themselves and their other obligations. Kudos to Scott Walker and here's hoping for a national RTW law. When it is passed, watch how fast union membership rebounds because unions will finally be trustable again.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We reap the reward of having a union that we control rather than one that controls us, lies to us (1997) and generally abuses us to take care of themselves and their other obligations. Kudos to Scott Walker and here's hoping for a national RTW law. When it is passed, watch how fast union membership rebounds because unions will finally be trustable again.

Dude. You are ignorant beyond belief.

Packmule

I've been around a long time. Nearing four decades. And I can tell you, IBT is much better today because of actual accountability. FedEx ground wouldn't exist if it weren't for IBT recklessness in 1997.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've been around a long time. Nearing four decades. And I can tell you, IBT is much better today because of actual accountability. FedEx ground wouldn't exist if it weren't for IBT recklessness in 1997.

You're clueless. Exactly 25 of the states are now RTW. Has union membership risen or fallen? Hint: It's the latter.

The aristocracy buys it's tools like the Walkers, Limbaughs and O'Reillys, and pays big bucks so they can make and control even more money. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and the middle class pays the bills. Because there are so many morons out there who are so easily fooled by the FOX/Right crapola, it works...quite well.

You are a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Walker is their tool, and folks like you are the tools of Sean, Glenn, Rush and their ilk. And you're too ignorant to even realize it.

Packmule

The Greatest salesman unions have is corporate crap. On that I'm guessing we could agree. The million dollar question is what makes eligible working class people CHOOSE not to join? Can't blame corporate. can't blame government. It's all the union corruption, bankrupted pension plans, bankrupt states and cities, all of which goes back to reckless, unsustainable union demands.
Our biggest concern at UPS is ultimately our inability to compete because of too high of labor costs, in addition to having way too heavy of a management payroll.
People are running from unions because of unions. When that changes, people will run to them. Corporations will drive them there. But that won't happen till a far more savvy middle class has the ability to control that union.

Sportello

The Greatest salesman unions have is corporate crap. On that I'm guessing we could agree. The million dollar question is what makes eligible working class people CHOOSE not to join? Can't blame corporate. can't blame government. It's all the union corruption, bankrupted pension plans, bankrupt states and cities, all of which goes back to reckless, unsustainable union demands.
Our biggest concern at UPS is ultimately our inability to compete because of too high of labor costs, in addition to having way too heavy of a management payroll.
People are running from unions because of unions. When that changes, people will run to them. Corporations will drive them there. But that won't happen till a far more savvy middle class has the ability to control that union.
That's more a subject for labor/Union forums than politics, but I did not find one point I could agree with.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Our biggest concern at UPS is ultimately our inability to compete because of too high of labor costs
You might be overpaid, I am not. FedEx employees might be underpaid, that doesn't mean I am overpaid.
The million dollar question is what makes eligible working class people CHOOSE not to join? Can't blame corporate. can't blame government. It's all the union corruption, bankrupted pension plans, bankrupt states and cities, all of which goes back to reckless, unsustainable union demands.
BS. It's greed. Why pay for what you don't have to? RTW laws let scabs benefit from the hard earned dues of others. Don't want to pay union dues, go work a non-union job. You have every RIGHT TO WORK for Fredex, I hear he's hiring.

realbrown1

You're clueless. Exactly 25 of the states are now RTW. Has union membership risen or fallen? Hint: It's the latter.

The aristocracy buys it's tools like the Walkers, Limbaughs and O'Reillys, and pays big bucks so they can make and control even more money. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and the middle class pays the bills. Because there are so many morons out there who are so easily fooled by the FOX/Right crapola, it works...quite well.

You are a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Walker is their tool, and folks like you are the tools of Sean, Glenn, Rush and their ilk. And you're too ignorant to even realize it.
Union membership in the US has fallen. It has fallen in non-RTW states. In RTW states, union membership is on the rise.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Union membership in the US has fallen. It has fallen in non-RTW states. In RTW states, union membership is on the rise.
What if the RTW states where union membership is on the rise, are simply seeing an increase in jobs, completely independent of any RTW legislation..... are all gains or losses in jobs related to RTW laws?
In the words of Matt Groening, "You could use facts to prove anything that is even remotely true."

realbrown1

What if the RTW states where union membership is on the rise, are simply seeing an increase in jobs, completely independent of any RTW legislation..... are all gains or losses in jobs related to RTW laws?
In the words of Matt Groening, "You could use facts to prove anything that is even remotely true."
Riiigghhtt. Suurrreee. Whatever you say.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Right to work is constantly called the right to refuse to join a union. That's not the case. The payment is for representation of everyone in the company's workforce. You get the benefits even if you're not a member. So really it's a right to be a moocher, to get all the benefits of union representation without having to pay for them. It's a right to be a freeloader off of your fellow workers.The irony is the rights hatred of "moochers" remember Willards 47percent remark, yet those who reap union benefits without paying for them are taking something they are not paying for.Traitors all of them...

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself

Here's a solution; any union member,Pack browny,anyone who has benefited from union negotiations and now wants to stop supporting the union by not paying their dues, gets their pension cut...make it a two tier system. One for people who pay their dues to support their union...one for freeloaders,moochers...sees how that feels..Traitors..While I'm at it how about a two tier system for pay. If you don't want to be part of the union, fine. But you'll have to negotiate your own pay. And benefits.ya that's the way...