Scratch to qualify

JustDeliverIt

Nop just good old metro area, they said it had something to do with the volume we deliver/pickup and our area being so tight, we literally have route running 16 block(8 going up and 8 going down), so im guessing they cant implement orion on just some routes or something.

That's funny, because I have the same type of route and they impose it on us. I have the main street down the middle and 10 side streets on either side. It's a giant square and they still try to complicate it with Orion.

InsideUPS

So I did 7 days out of 30 including the first 3 with the sup.
My first day on my own I was 185 clicks over because I was still learning the area and I was taking time mapping stops. The second day I was 80 clicks over. The third day I was 44 clicks. And finally my fourth day I was only 5 clicks over. My boss wants me to show I can be under. I learned my area very well and I’m sorting the sh— out my truck using my lunch break. I started writing down my irregs that are on the floor so I don’t have to look for them. I don’t know what else to do.

Orion wants me to deliver grounds with airs at my businesses before my house airs but there is no time because businesses are heavy, no loading docks, and there is always one or two house airs out of the way. So I do business airs, house airs then go back to do business grounds.

Any suggestions on how to save more time?

Also I follow trace over 90% of the time and I’m always over Orion’s miles. I guess because I’m going back to businesses twice.

Thanks in advance

Qualifying for a FT driver position has been left in the hands of your supervisors/managers with little if any contract language to enforce any irregularities or "unfairness" during your qualifying period. The longer UPS can put off qualifying FT package care drivers......the longer they can run routes themselves claiming emergency situations or simply hire seasonal lower cost drivers. The metrics seem to change daily and can be done with a few strokes of a keyboard. Spend a lot of time with your supervisor asking how you can improve, never complain, never take a break, ask seasoned drivers in your center, and document....document...document any irregularities in your day that you are asked to do that takes significant time such as picking up an off area UPS store, etc..

In summary.....very unfortunate that our Union contract book does not contain more complete and thorough information on qualifying especially considering the Union is not supposed to recognize time standards.

Mo19072

Qualifying for a FT driver position has been left in the hands of your supervisors/managers with little if any contract language to enforce any irregularities or "unfairness" during your qualifying period. The longer UPS can put off qualifying FT package care drivers......the longer they can run routes themselves claiming emergency situations or simply hire seasonal lower cost drivers. The metrics seem to change daily and can be done with a few strokes of a keyboard. Spend a lot of time with your supervisor asking how you can improve, never complain, never take a break, ask seasoned drivers in your center, and document....document...document any irregularities in your day that you are asked to do that takes significant time such as picking up an off area UPS store, etc..

In summary.....very unfortunate that our Union contract book does not contain more complete and thorough information on qualifying especially considering the Union is not supposed to recognize time standards.
It seems to me that the qualifying process is like a job interview where you’re under the mercy of the interviewer.

JustDeliverIt

But the loader is paid to do his job but they suck

But you also need to understand the way loaders are run in the building. The PT supervisors are there just telling them to get it in the truck. They are given typically 3 trucks minimum with not enough time to do it in and with the turnover that they have, many are not there long enough to grow a backbone and work at a reasonable pace to do things right.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really not trying to give loaders an out. The good ones make it work regardless of the situation. But this company no longer runs like it's one company, its every shift for themselves. Preload only cares about their numbers and the management doesn't care about how they affect drivers because it's not part of their metrics. Drivers supervisors only car about their numbers, not really about getting pick up pieces back on time for twi shifts to get going. Twi only cares about getting the stuff out the door so they look good, not when they are out of the way for preload to get running again and it just keeps going.

One dog, one bone. Management doesn't think of the results of the process, only their end of it so they get the gold star.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
But this company no longer runs like it's one company, its every shift for themselves. Preload only cares about their numbers and the management doesn't care about how they affect drivers because it's not part of their metrics. Drivers supervisors only car about their numbers, not really about getting pick up pieces back on time for twi shifts to get going. Twi only cares about getting the stuff out the door so they look good, not when they are out of the way for preload to get running again and it just keeps going.

One dog, one bone. Management doesn't think of the results of the process, only their end of it so they get the gold star.

This nails UPS currently to a T in my mind. Well said.