Scratch

tkess12

Hi, I am a new driver that just moved from Pa to Sc. I am in the qualifying stage and I am wondering how the heck to run scratch? I am new to this area. I thought I was doing well on my extremely rural route, but just when I thought I was getting better they started adding 15 stops that I’ve never seen before. Mostly residential stops, none the less I have no idea where most of them are. They want me to run scratch but they make me feel like I’m learning the route for the first time every day. I was told I have to run scratch 5 days in a row or 10 out of 30 to qualify. How can they expect this when they keep changing my dispatch?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Hi, I am a new driver that just moved from Pa to Sc. I am in the qualifying stage and I am wondering how the heck to run scratch? I am new to this area. I thought I was doing well on my extremely rural route, but just when I thought I was getting better they started adding 15 stops that I’ve never seen before. Mostly residential stops, none the less I have no idea where most of them are. They want me to run scratch but they make me feel like I’m learning the route for the first time every day. I was told I have to run scratch 5 days in a row or 10 out of 30 to qualify. How can they expect this when they keep changing my dispatch?

Do a search using the search term "qualify" or "qualifying". You'll find a lot of good info already posted to this site. Don't bother looking up "time allowances", even the people who set them don't understand them.