Scratching to make book

nystripe96

I was just hired as a driver and want to know of the best ways, tips/tricks to scratch in order to make book? I will most likely get caught up in the free period Oct 15th, but nonetheless want to be kept on after peak of course. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There are many threads on this here but pretty much don't be afraid to take break and use it set up your truck. Get there early in the morning and try to look through your truck. Drive your route on the weekends to get to know it better. That's about all I have.

nystripe96

Ok thanks. Well I start my training class this week so I'll find out my training route I'm sure and go scope out the area where I'm working. I was going to run thru lunch, but I hear it's mandatory for new hires now, or so I've heard from a few of the newer drivers

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok thanks. Well I start my training class this week so I'll find out my training route I'm sure and go scope out the area where I'm working. I was going to run thru lunch, but I hear it's mandatory for new hires now, or so I've heard from a few of the newer drivers

Don't deliver through lunch but a few times throughout the day if your struggling to find packaged take a 10-15 minute break and reorganize your whole truck.

nystripe96

I've worked as a helper before and know the diad rather well but don't know how to sheet an over 70??? I don't wanna let those heavy packages be my downfall

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I've worked as a helper before and know the diad rather well but don't know how to sheet an over 70??? I don't wanna let those heavy packages be my downfall
go to special counts same a prepaids, o/70 is first, and prepaids are arrow down. I find it takes more time to put them in, than you get for them

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
First 30 run your balls off and skip lunch. Just dont get hurt. Do what you gotta do to look like a superstar first 30. After first 30 do the job by the book and take your lunch. As long as your doing job by the book and following methods they cant touch you.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Try really hard. Your stop and start routine can make or break your day. As far as o 70's go, just scan em and get it over with. From what I understand, the allowance was taken away anyway.

MDupsernj

Hello all...been lurking for a while. I just made my book this past week. I was a casual last year and they brought me back after a few months off. Take your full hour, it will only hurt you if you skip. As someone mentioned your start/stop car routine is major. Buckle that belt and safely get moving ASAP! When you come to a stop, get out of truck ASAP try not to get lost in back of car. Taking 15-20 mins to set up truck will PAY OFF big time for rest of day knowing it is stop for stop. Get ground off with airs and please stay safe. No accidents and no injuries plus running scratch will get you a perm job! Good luck

Cementups

Box Monkey
Not possible unless you skip your lunch and run your :censored2: off like an idiot.

sonic-idiot-run-25.gif

UPSGUY72

I was just hired as a driver and want to know of the best ways, tips/tricks to scratch in order to make book? I will most likely get caught up in the free period Oct 15th, but nonetheless want to be kept on after peak of course. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Take your time smooth and steady is faster than running around like a chicken with there head cut off. Sort your truck in the 1000 and 2000 sections as you get more room sort more don't be afraid to pull over and take 5 or ten minutes and sort it a lot better and faster than hunting and pecking at each stop for the next package.

If you get overwhelm (ie you get package fever ) pull over ans stop and get out of the car take a a couple of minutes that get back in and keep mover along things will get better as your learn. the first couple of days might be rough if you have problems ask other driver that have done that route for tips.

You don't have to worry about the free period you where given the opportunity to become a FT driver your not a casual helping with vacations or a PT cover driver.

Good luck.

Take you time and don't get hurt or into an accident.

Big Babooba

Find an open dumpster. You'll be surprised how fast you can deliver 100 stops when you find one! When you take your lunch -YOU MUST TAKE YOUR LUNCH!!! - jack up the rear of the package car so the tires don't touch the ground. Start the truck up, put it in high gear and lay a concrete block on the accelerator pedal. Easiest way to get some extra miles that I know of.