Screwed by our employer... As a customer

aintbleedinbrown

So I ordered checks for my checking account with next day service, delivery commit at 10:30. I was home at 9am this morning and waited vigilantly for my local driver. At 10:15 I get an email saying my package was delivered.... No ups driver and no package. I waited until just now to call customer service and explain my situation, only to be told that since I use MyChoice and have shipment release they wouldn't even make an inquiry. I explained that the driver wasn't even here and how could they not even do their do diligence. I was basically told "oh well contact the shipper." I called the shipper and was told I was SOL as well. This wouldn't be a huge deal considering that the contents realistically only cost about $10, except for the fact these were CHECKS for my CHECKING ACCOUNT. I can't believe the low level of customer service by the place I work! Thanks UPS. Just another chip off the block. I think I'll suck even more at work tomorrow knowing they have no problem bending me over not only at work but as a customer as well...

Sent using BrownCafe App

ArcherUTR

Yeah, I've been curious about that MyChoice alert in the board that it is ok to DR. It seems like going online and electronically signing for individual packages would be a better level of service.

Instead it seems like a box that one checks that absolves the company of any responsibility or discretion.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So I ordered checks for my checking account with next day service, delivery commit at 10:30. I was home at 9am this morning and waited vigilantly for my local driver. At 10:15 I get an email saying my package was delivered.... No ups driver and no package. I waited until just now to call customer service and explain my situation, only to be told that since I use MyChoice and have shipment release they wouldn't even make an inquiry. I explained that the driver wasn't even here and how could they not even do their do diligence. I was basically told "oh well contact the shipper." I called the shipper and was told I was SOL as well. This wouldn't be a huge deal considering that the contents realistically only cost about $10, except for the fact these were CHECKS for my CHECKING ACCOUNT. I can't believe the low level of customer service by the place I work! Thanks UPS. Just another chip off the block. I think I'll suck even more at work tomorrow knowing they have no problem bending me over not only at work but as a customer as well...

Sent using BrownCafe App

Maybe it was mis-loaded and we delivered it to the wrong house!?

barnyard

KTM rider

Could have been, but the UPS rep said that because the OP signed the MyChoice thing, that there will not be a follow up.

Pretty bogus service, even if signing up for MYChoice is a blanket release, they could at least check with the driver and call back.

aintbleedinbrown

No it's in another building, I'm showing up there tomorrow to find out what happened. I'm in the middle of a mortgage transaction and the bank wants to close my checking account... Great... This is absolute horse :censored2:, I mean they seriously wouldn't even reach out to the driver. They literally said I was SOL because of MyChoice and said the driver delivered the package @ my address... I was literally sitting on the couch by the front door when this delivery apparently took place. I'm pissed.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Dragon

Package Center Manager
No it's in another building, I'm showing up there tomorrow to find out what happened. I'm in the middle of a mortgage transaction and the bank wants to close my checking account... Great... This is absolute horse :censored2:, I mean they seriously wouldn't even reach out to the driver. They literally said I was SOL because of MyChoice and said the driver delivered the package @ my address... I was literally sitting on the couch by the front door when this delivery apparently took place. I'm pissed.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Why didn't you go today if its that important?

T

Turdferguson

In our center they can do a bing search that pulls up on a map where driver sheeted pkg up and delvered it with gps in board they say its accurate with in 18 feet of where stop compleated

Sent using BrownCafe App

aintbleedinbrown

Interesting, thanks. I gave the driver the benefit of the doubt of sheeting it delivered to make commit time then deliver it later considering I usually get my packages around 730pm.

Sent using BrownCafe App

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Call your building, get the number of the other building and call them.

Little late now, but earlier that would have solved your problem.

Edit: Dragon beat me to it.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

In our center they can do a bing search that pulls up on a map where driver sheeted pkg up and delvered it with gps in board they say its accurate with in 18 feet of where stop compleated

Same with my center. Dragon help me out here, The photo and GPS can also be brought up at center level and not just through security right? Why can't the OP call the delivering center and have them pull the record to see if the checks were mis-delivered. I mean just because the OP uses My Choice doesn't mean that something can't be done.

T

Turdferguson

The OMS is the ones who can bring it up here . Came in handy when I would return from vacations with a stack of driver follow ups from the guys doing my route

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You did read the part where you released UPS of all liability when you were checking the box to leave financially sensitive contents that were needed that same day, even though you planned on being there anyways?