Sean's next step.

Faceplanted

What does "vetted by the wider screaning committee" mean

A proposal is a proposal no? Do they think these proposals are forged. I'm confused

Glad to see the ball getting rolling, hopefully we get a good contract

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

A proposal is a proposal no? Do they think these proposals are forged. I'm confused

Is a proposal of "A $1,000,000.00 an hour raise" a realistic one? A proposal is a proposal but not all are viable.

I agree, I too am excited to see where this goes.

5habits100

It means they got rid of the duplicates, then the entire national negotiating committee is going to go through the ones that aren't duplicates and decide which ones they are going to put in front of the employer as actual proposals. The committee is not going to give the employer a proposal asking for a $10 pay increase each year of a contract. Or some other ridiculous proposal.

542thruNthru

We had proposals that said. "Don't kill the golden goose." And "take it all!" (These are not made up. All proposals sent in were read at the meeting)

I don't know if locals are required to send those but I'm sure someone would bitch if they didn't. So I can imagine them throwing those out.

johnny_hotdog

Here, I googled it for you:

vet
vet/
verb
past tense: vetted; past participle: vetted
  1. make a careful and critical examination of (something).

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Is a proposal of "A $1,000,000.00 an hour raise" a realistic one? A proposal is a proposal but not all are viable.

I agree, I too am excited to see where this goes.
Let me pose to you a scenario that IS NOT hypothetical.

How would you feel if your Local's proposal meeting took place AFTER one of your governing supplements was declared closed for negotiations?

The word "patronizing" comes to mind?

While it didn't happen to me, I saw it as a tell.
I think I will quell my "excitement" for now.

Inthegame

We had proposals that said. "Don't kill the golden goose." And "take it all!" (These are not made up. All proposals sent in were read at the meeting)

I don't know if locals are required to send those but I'm sure someone would bitch if they didn't. So I can imagine them throwing those out.
Our local holds numerous proposal mtgs. Proposals that you listed would get tossed at those mtgs, or certainly tossed before being sent in.
Most local's bylaws give wide latitude to your PO and executive board on determination of valid contract proposals.

Inthegame

How would you feel if your Local's proposal meeting took place AFTER one of your governing supplements was declared closed for negotiations?

The IBT requested all proposals be sent in no later than 8/31. If "one of your governing supplements" include a local rider, that should be OK as your local agents/officers should be negotiating that rather than the IBT National Committee.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

You don't have to be excited. It's your right. I'm excited. This is exactly why I emailed mine directly to my principal officer and director. Some locals didn't have "local proposal meeting". Some had parking lot meetings. Your friends complaint should be taken up with his local.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The IBT requested all proposals be sent in no later than 8/31. If "one of your governing supplements" include a local rider, that should be OK as your local agents/officers should be negotiating that rather than the IBT National Committee.
I was just trying to illustrate for you how "proposal meetings", that are held after the announcement that a supplement, governed by an already controversial group, was not being opened, can come off as disingenuous and patronizing, especially to a group of members already wrought with distrust for the process.

Some are chirping that it is being left closed, so it can't be voted on, in light of it being shot down multiple times the last go around.

I'm still in "wait and see mode", but fully understand the angst and distrust being exibited by the naysayers.

anHOURover

The dog and pony SHOW has begun !
Are they going to send out the glossy postcards again next summer that obviously show dated pictures taken in the dead of winter? How about more photoshopped pics of our president "standing" with members?

anHOURover

Cut to the chase.
Hey bugger
Where is the diversity?
Looks like the same OLD boys club
It's not the Caucasian teamsters anymore.
Bugger you also can't relate to today's teamster
FACT

Attachments

• IMG_3912.PNG
    IMG_3912.PNG
    934.8 KB · Views: 122